Après Moi, Le Déluge

Episode-11

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Elijah and Nikole were discussing their current predicament while Elijah looked through an old book about witches throughout the ages, "The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

The hybrid hummed and smirked at her brother, "Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

Elijah furrowed his eyebrows, "Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?"

Nikole rolled her eyes, "Why does any witch do anything?"

____________________

Upstairs in Davina's room, Marcel had just arrived with food for her but she stood up and screamed at him as she threw him against a wall, "Go away!"

Marcel's body crashed on the floor and he groaned in discomfort, "Come on. You got to be starving. You haven't eaten since--"

The witch bitterly cut him off, "Since your best friend killed my best friend?"

The vampire sighed and looked at her in sympathy, "Davina, I'm sorry about what happened to this kid Tim."

Davina scowled in anger, "I'm sorry you don't hate Nikole for what she did or want to make her pay."

Marcel shook his head as he looked at her in the eye, "She'll pay for what she did one way or the other, but right now, I just want to make peace with you."

The witch chuckled mockingly, "Why? So we can be one big happy frankenstein family?"

______________________

Downstairs in the living room, Nikole and Elijah were making themselves drinks at the bar while they listened to Davina and Marcel fight.

Nikole raised her eyebrows and sighed, "Well, that's going well."

Elijah side-eyed her and spoke impassively, "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea."

The hybrid rolled her eyes and grumbled, "Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?

The Noble Mikaelson smiled at her sarcastically, "Give me a month. I'll get you list."

Nikole rolled her eyes again and shook her head in annoyance, "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass."

____________________

Back in Davina's room, Davina glared at Marcel for a moment before she began vomiting up dirt all over her bed.

Marcel eyes widened as he began to panic, "Davina, Davina!"