Chapter Twelve: People Talk

You open your eyes, temporarily blinded by the sun. What time is it? Your phone is next to you, but as you try to turn it on, you realize it's dead. You look out the window, realizing you fell asleep on the couch and you're gonna be sore for hours. You look into your kitchen at the stove clock that's always at least three minutes behind. It's 9:05. You jolt up. 

You forgot Springs! You look over to the table, where his fixed and polished voice box sits. A little bit of electrical tape, a scrub brush, and some mechanical know-how really helped in the long run. You stand up, brushing your wild hair down with your fingers, but jump and pull some of your hair out by accident when the door gets knocked on.

You fix your messy clothes and crack the door open. It's Mike. "Hey, Mike, what's up?" You ask. Mike looks frantic, shifting from one foot to the other rapidly. "The attraction Y/N, that's what! It's up in flames!" You try not to laugh at the unintentional pun and act shocked. "What? What happened?" You tilt your head. "Remember how someone broke in and locked up the location? Well, they burnt it down too." Your eyes widen as you put up a persona, pretending like this is the first time you're hearing this. "Oh, really? That is really messed up. Did anything survive?" You're really glad you showered and changed your clothes last night, or you would smell like smoke.

Mike shakes his head "Not much. But some things did. Fazbear Entertainment is going to have to close down, and they decided to auction off what was left. Including our main attraction. That's why I came by-Wha!?" You cut him off, pulling him into your apartment and slamming the door.  "We have to go there. When does it start?" Mike laughs. "In 30 minutes. I wanted to go too, I wanted that Foxy mask." You clap. "Okay, sit. I'll be down in five." You immediately rush to get ready. You throw on a new pair of pants and grab a jacket, ripping a brush through your hair at lightspeed and taking a shot of mouthwash, and spitting it out when it begins to burn too much.

You throw on a random pair of shoes, surprised you put them on the right feet. You step into your closet and pull a considerable amount of cash out of your safe and take the stairs two at a time, freaking out. You need to buy Springs. You have to help him, even though you're not sure why yet. You come into the living room to see Mike watching the birds fly by outside your window. "I'm ready, let's go." Mike stands up and holds up his phone. "4 minutes and 53 seconds, not bad," He claps. 

"But I do have a question," His face turns serious. "What's this?" He holds up Springs' voice box. Your heart drops into your shoes and the blood drains out of your face. "U-um, I-I can explain," But before you even get a word in, Mike holds up a hand. "You got this from the attraction, didn't you?" You only nod. You begin to grow suspicious when the corners of Mike's mouth twitch. He breaks out in laughter. You stand there, confused. He takes a deep breath to stop laughing. "I'm just messing with you, you're not the only one to find something interesting." He scrolls through his phone for a few seconds, then shows it to you, giggling.

It's a selfie of Mike, with him showing a thumbs up. You can see a computer desk behind him, then you notice it. It's a poster of presumably the main three animatronics, Freddy, Bonnie, and Chica, with a big caption under it that says 'Celebrate!' You can't hold in your laughter. He really took a poster. "Wow Mike, just wow." 

"Okay, we really need to go or we'll be late. Employees get free entry." You nod and grab your phone before remembering it's dead. Oh well, you stuff it into your pockets anyway. You lock your door on the way out, and decide now is the time to finally drive your truck that was sitting in your garage. "I'll meet you there Mike, I'm gonna drive." He gave you a confused look but shrugged and jumped into his tiny junker. "See ya there, Y/N."