Chapter Thirteen: The Auction

Author's Note: OMG GUYS ITS BEEN LITERALLY SO LONG. I've been dealing with some pretty heavy depression and I've been running through doctors like bowling pins. It's hard to imagine I started the idea of this story in 7th grade at 13 years old and I've graduated and turned 18 already. I never expected my story to go so far and it's been so long that I've fallen out of the fandom, but I'm back! I'm pushing through everything to finish this story and begin its sequels (There are two). Now, on to the story!

You pulled up to the ruins of Fazbear's fright, now nothing but a pile of smoking ash. There was a small group of people gathered around the parking lot, talking and holding coffee. You could see a small fold-out table, set up with a coffee maker and Styrofoam cups. You pulled into the parking lot, next to a small pop-up shed. You hopped out of your truck, discreetly seeing if you could peek into the shed and see Springs, to no luck.

You sighed and walked up next to Mike, saying brief hellos to people you barely know. After all, there is for only necessity for one night shift guard, and every other employee works during the day. You all mill around, exchanging light pleasantries, until a man steps onto the little makeshift stage constructed out of  a couple of metal boxes laying in a line. The man is a little on the heavy side, clad in a suit, with a bowler hat. He basically looks like the train conductor from Thomas the Train. You laugh to yourself because of the mental image.

You never personally met this man, but you know he owns the attraction. A wave of silence settles over the crowd as the owner clears his throat and pulls a notepad out of his suit pocket. He pauses for a moment, meeting all of your eyes. "Hello everyone. As you could probably tell, Fazbear's Fright is gone. That means we're all out of a job. As such, we have decided to auction off the remaining artifacts from the attraction to pay for rubble cleanup so we can sell the property. I'm sorry to say we do not have further employment opportunities for any of you, as Fazbear Entertainment only has one business in this town." A collective sigh of despair swept over the employees.

"Luckily, Fazbear Entertainment has just enough funding to cover one more week of pay for employees who cannot find employment immediately. As for me, I will be moving two hours away to support the construction of the new Fazbear mega pizzaplex, our greatest attraction ever. Today though, we will begin the auction for employees and the remaining items will be sold to the public." There were claps here and there, from people most excited to get their hands on authentic Fazbear merchandise. The boss tucked his notepad back into his suit and clasped his hands together. "Let the auction begin!"

The auction began with small things, like office posters and figurines, which sold here and there. Eventually they moved onto animatronic parts, like the box of various parts that sat next to the door in the office. Mike was most excited when they announced the Foxy head, buying it almost immediately. By the two hour mark, most of the employees had left and a pile of items to be sold to the public was slowly building. It seemed to be about 6 of you in total now. That number slowly dwindled until it was just you and Mike. The owner looked at you two with confusion, seeming to be waiting for something. Mike looked over to you.

He leaned over and murmured in your ear. "You're waiting for that robot aren't you?" You nodded in affirmation. The boss stepped off the stage and approached you two. "That's the end of the auction, did you two need anything else?" You took a deep breath. "Sir, where's the bunny animatronic?" He laughed. "It's not for sale." You looked him in the eyes and smirked. "Everything here has a price, how much do you want for it?" His eyes gleamed. "I like your style, let's say.... $10,000." Mike's jaw dropped, and you patted him on the shoulder and stuck out your hand to shake.

"Deal." The owner paused, then began uproariously laughing. He shook your hand. "Alrighty then. Name's John. John Emily. I don't think we've been introduced. You're the night guard, aren't you?" You smiled. "Yes sir, I am." John turned around to one of the men picking up the rest of the artifacts. "Mark, grab me that rabbit, would you?" Turning around, you were pulling out of your purse wads of cash and counted the amount of $10,000. You triple counted the money, handing it to John. "Mark will grab it for you and load it into your vehicle. I trust you have suitable transportation for it, do you not?" You nodded. "I have a truck, it's pretty heavy duty."

Mark came out of the small shed with a figure draped in a tarp on a dolley. He stopped next to John. John looked at you. "We think the person who locked up the attraction tried to steal it but the firefighters caught them and they ran off, so it's not damaged by the fire at all, except it looks like the person tried to rip the suit off of the endoskeleton. Even though the person was inside the building, we still don't have a official cause for the fire. The police department thinks that there was an electrical short in the ceiling. But we were going to take it apart and use the design for new animatronics. Looks like you wanted it more though."

You guided Mark to your truck and he loaded Springs into the bed, then wandered off with the dolley. You giggled in excitement and waved John off as he left in his fancy car. Mike was still following you so you turned around. "What's up Mike?" He looked down. "I just wanted to know why you wanted it so much, it's just a robot." You looked Mike in the eyes with a determined look on your face. "Mike, you need to swear to keep this a secret, okay?" He nodded vigorously. You opened your truck door. "Follow me to my house, I'll tell you there." You started your truck and started towards home, with Mike behind you.