Chapter Six: I Found You

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I hear a loud clanging in the vents. I quickly pull up the cameras, but can't seem to find that rabbit thing. Wait... It's GONE! I check the room's cams over, but it's actually gone! It must be in the vents, but how is it moving? I wasn't hallucinating after all.

The clanging gets louder and closer. I quickly pull up the cameras and switch to vent cams. I search all the vent cams and finally make it to the cam closest to the right side of my office and just in time to catch the rabbit climbing through the vents quickly.

I block off the vent but it wasn't fast enough and the clanging continues. I begin to panic. I get out of my chair and back away from the vent shaft cover next to my desk. I stand next to the doorway, about to bolt, but can't seem to move.

As I wait for my impending death, the vent shaft cover wiggles a bit then dents outwardly, comes loose, and flies halfway across the room like it was punched.

Spring's P.O.V.

As I reach the end of the vent shaft, I try to wiggle the cover off, it doesn't come off. I start to get frustrated, but quickly realize my mistake and try to move backward.

William lets out a crazed laugh as he worms into the weakness in my consciousness caused by my frustration.

He found a way in, and I cannot stop him. I call out to the lost children.

William's P.O.V.

I punch the stubborn vent shaft cover off and climb out of the vent, seeing the girl. Got her.

Her eyes widen, and she shrinks back into the corner by the doorway. I begin to walk forward.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

The rabbit is walking towards me. I finally get a good look at it. It is in terrible condition, with tears all over, revealing metal, pink stuff, and red splatters everywhere. The torso is showing, and what I see makes me want to vomit. Organs. Human organs are wrapped around the robotic spine. There's a human in there.

It comes closer, and I can't help but let a few tears slide down my cheeks. The rabbit looms over me. It reaches its hand out and picks me up by the neck. I gasp and claw at its hand as it squeezes my neck with an iron grip. My vision starts to go dark, but suddenly,

It drops me.

I blink back my tears and lookup. The rabbit has backed up and is struggling against something I can't see. Its arms are suspended in the air, fists clenched, as some unseen force holds it back. I see glimmers in the air, like how the air looks around a fire. The glimmers turn into figures, five of them. They look like children, each holding on to a limb. There are two hanging off of the legs, two restraining the arms, and one child behind the rabbit's head, petting the mouldy ears and whispering to it.

The struggling ceased, and the rabbit's eyes, which you hadn't noticed were purple, turn back to silver as it drops to its knees with a thud. The child next to the rabbit's head nods and all the figures fade away, leaving you two alone. The rabbit leans forward, holding its head in its hands. You don't feel any malice coming from it as you did before. You decide to take a risk and step forward. The rabbit doesn't move, but you hear what you think was a whimper.

You take another step forward and place your hand on the rabbit's shoulder. It drops its hands and looks up at you, and you can clearly see tear tracks running down its cheeks. You come to a decision. "H-Hey, are you okay?" The rabbit's gaze does not leave your eyes, but when it looks down, to your neck, where bruises are probably forming, it shudders.

Then it speaks. "I-I almos-st did-didn't m-m-make i-it." It speaks in a mixture of a glitchy robot voice and what sounds like a heavy smoker's voice but sounds distinctly male. You think the other voice is coming from the corpse you saw inside it. "What do you mean?" You speak as softly and gently as possible, as to not startle it-him.

He blinks, then stands, making you jump back. He grabs your arm, but with far less force than before. "H-Hey! Let me go!" He looks down at you, and if he wasn't a robot, you could describe the look he's giving you as almost tender. "Y-You can-n't s-s-stay. H-He will c-come bac-ck,"

You stop, dragging your feet as he tries to pull you out of the office. "But this is my job! It's only 3 a.m.! I can't leave." The robot turns back to you, unblinking. "W-Would you r-rather hav-ve y-y-your j-job or y-your l-life?" You gulp, and let him pull you. He pulls you out of the office, to the exit right next to it. He pushes you up to the door. "G-Go." You don't have to be told twice.

You run.