Chapter Two: Just An Attraction

No one's P.O.V

...Mike??

You stood up with the assistance of Mike and brushed yourself off. You looked back up and met eyes with the one and only Mike Shmidt. Mr. Bad puns himself. But wait, doesn't he work the day shift?

"Hey Mike, aren't you supposed to be off work by now?" You asked. You don't see him this late because he leaves after all the customers. You only saw him during your shift when he was training you on your first week, but you know how to do your job now.

He looked at you for a moment and pulled his cap off to rub his bald head, revealing the nasty scar he never speaks about before answering. "Yes, but I'm here to introduce you to 'the main attraction.' We just found it today." he said, sounding almost giddy.

"'Main attraction', huh? Well, lead the way." You said, thinking it would be at least almost a full Animatronic this time. Last time, they claimed the Foxy head in the hall was 'the main attraction'. Boy, that was a laugh. But hey, whatever makes more money.

Mike grabbed your hand and dragged you to the opposite end of the attraction, to the entrance. Or so you thought? He stopped right next to the door. The wall next to the entrance was torn down, revealing the doorway of a room. You didn't notice it as you came in. The wall that was there must have been fake, you wonder how they found it.

"This is what all the old pizzerias called a 'safe room'. Off-camera, excluded from blueprints, unknown to customers." Mike filled in. "To put it bluntly, if you're wearing a suit and the spring locks malfunction, they want you to come here to bleed to death out of the sight of customers." You cringed at the thought.

It was dark inside, but the light from the hallway streaming in showed you the floor was even grimier than the office walls.

Mike's smile had turned sinister when you glanced back at him. "You know, (Y/N), all those missing kids, this would be the perfect place in any location to lure and kill them and not get caught," Mike said.

"Oh, psh, you're just trying to scare me, Mike." You said mockingly.

"Well anyway, we found some of the first owner of the original location's papers and read up on this, so we basically knocked on all the walls and this one was hollow, so we tore down the wall and it was all boarded up," Mike recalled.

"So you ripped them down and found this 'main attraction' huh?" You asked.

"Yup, you won't believe what you're about to see." Mike chuckled, tossing you a heavy-duty flashlight.

You followed Mike into the new, not-so-new room. When you walked into the room, the first thing that hit you was the smell. It smelled like something died in here and rotted for more than a decade.

"I know it smells, but we covered the entire room with fresheners so it should get better," Mike says. "The circuits were really old, but we got a light working." Mike walked into the center of the room and pulled a lightbulb cord. A tiny, dim bulb flickered to life but did little to light the space.

You swept your flashlight around. There were game consoles in a corner, which were probably going into the arcade, and boxes were everywhere. You could see some of the circuitry of the arcade machines picked apart. Who would store away antiques like these just to dissect them?

Mike directed you to a specific corner of the room, filled with boxes. There was a walk space between the boxes that he guided you through. The smell was worse back here.

Halfway to the wall, he stopped you and touched your shoulder. "You're gonna need to prepare for what comes next." He said simply. That's reassuring, you thought.

You turned on your flashlight and pointed it low. What caught your eye were the floor tiles. They seemed to be stained a deep, rusty, red. Almost like blood. Maybe what Mike said about what these rooms were for was true. A disgusted shiver crawls up your spine at that.

You shrugged it off and began walking again, following the red trail to the wall. You stopped about three feet from the wall and pointed your flashlight upwards, to the source of all the red staining.

You gasped in horror at what you saw.