Chapter Seven: It's Me

Spring's P.O.V.

In the office

I stood up, grabbing her arm gently. I guided her to the exit, and when she was finally out, I breathed a sigh of relief. I'm glad the failsafe worked. The only way to get William to stop was to put him in a loop of his own memories. Right now, he thinks he's with his children. The only downside to the failsafe is I get dragged into some memories, like reliving the murders he committed using me as a disguise.

I start to pick through the location, looking for things to barricade the doors with. I find the old planks that hid my room and use some of the poles they mount robot pieces on as bars for the door. I get to work, making sure not even the day shift can get in.

2nd Person's P.O.V.

You listened to him. As soon as you exited the attraction, you ran like hell itself was chasing you. Your lungs were burning, but you make it home and lock every single door and window in your home. You collapse on your couch, trying to catch your breath. Thinking back on what happened. Those figures, restraining the rabbit, you're absolutely sure they're ghosts. But you didn't believe in ghosts. Now you can't deny it.

But what about the rabbit? You remember when you looked at the vent cams, its eyes were silver, but when it exited the vents, they were purple. You already know that ghosts are real, but he said something about someone coming back. Maybe there's a ghost inside him, and that's why his eyes turned purple. But who could be so evil that they would kill you the first chance they get?

You need to sleep on this. You ditch your shoes and double-check the locks before settling in bed. You close your eyes, and dream of a puppet giving children gifts.

~~~~~~~~~

You startle awake to your phone ringing. You look at the time, 7 a.m. You pick up your phone and look at the caller ID. It's Mike. You answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh Y/N, thank god!"

You sit up. Mike sounded distressed. "What's going on?"

"Someone is inside the attraction, they blocked up all the doors, and we can't get in. I called you to make sure you weren't trapped in there." Did the rabbit do this? He sure wanted you out fast, maybe this was why.

"Yeah, I'm at home." He breathed a sigh of relief.

"They're talking about waiting it out, to see if the person comes out, so nothing gets damaged. Every penny counts, y'know."

You laugh a little at this. "So what, we don't have jobs until they get back in?"

"Seems like it. We're still getting paid, but less so they don't lose money."

"Oh, okay. So what are you gonna do?" You ask Mike.

He chuckles. "I'm gonna take a vacation, I need one."

"Okay, call me if anything changes. I'm going back to sleep." You yawn.

"Okay, I'll see ya, (Y/N)." And with that, he hangs up.

You actually weren't going back to sleep. You need to get in there. You may get hurt, but you need answers. What happened there? Were those the missing children from 30+ years ago? Who is that rabbit? Is the rabbit a ghost too?

You spend hours mindlessly wandering the house but decide to go shopping. You buy a flashlight, some rope, and a small switchblade, but you don't know how much good that'll do. You gingerly touch the bruise on your neck as you watch the sunset. Time to go. You grab everything you need, while dressed in a dark outfit that will draw less attention. You get to the attraction and scope out the place. You walk around the back and... Bingo! A window! It's the window to the restroom. It also happens to be right under a dumpster.

You carefully and as quietly as you can, climb onto the dumpster. The window also happens to be cracked, but it's a small and high-up window. You decide to go feet first and lower yourself in, feeling for something solid. You find the back of the toilet and lower yourself down, trying not to make any sound. You step down onto the floor, and you think you hear a child giggle. It sends a shiver up your spine, and you look around, not finding one of the ghosts you saw before.

You continue on. You check the room that the rabbit was found in, but it's empty. You look throughout the attraction, not finding him or even seeing a camera turn on. You assume the only place he could be is in the office. You turn off your flashlight and head there. You peer into the window of the office and see him. The rabbit is sitting in a corner of the office, knees pulled up to his chest, eyes seemingly unseeing as they bore into the floor in front of him.

You step into the office, and one of his ears twitches.

"Hey."