Chapter Three: That Isn't Paint

2nd Person's P.O.V

In the center of the puddle of red, there sat an Animatronic. A full Animatronic.  "Meet 'the main attraction'," Mike announced. You didn't reply, you just stood there in awe. How did they find a full animatronic, and right under everybody's noses?

It seemed like it used to be a golden rabbit, but it had long since rotted and molded into a golden-greenish color. It looked like it had been through hell and back, and survived. You could see stray wires and parts poking out of the remains of the suit.

The Animatronic looked creepy, but it wasn't scary to you. You just sat there staring at it, taking in all of its details. Studying it. It was a groundbreaking discovery, after all. They discontinued Fazbear's Entertainment animatronics in the early '90s. It had been almost 30 years since a Freddy's was open and still had working robots. You watched it, noting things.

Like the fact that it had pinkish stuff in the torso. You wondered what it was.

Like the fact that the head had a layer of something red under the suit. It didn't seem to be paint.

Like the fact that it was sitting in a puddle of red, much like the inside of the suit, like a blood bag was put inside and the animatronic was squeezed. Maybe that's what happened. You know what this room was used for.

And the fact that its eyes were staring at you now. Bloodshot, rotten eyes with silver irises.

Wait, what? You did a double-take. Yes, it wasn't looking up earlier. It was most definitely staring at you.

Silver eyes locked on yours.

???'s P.O.V
More voices. A male and a female. They are talking about me. Humans are fascinating in the way they recount small things as the most groundbreaking thing that has ever happened.

I listen in and look up at the girl. I freeze. I don't think I've ever met a human that made me look twice. She has (h/c) hair and soft (e/c) eyes. I'm not sure what human's definitions of attractiveness are, but she's the most beautiful human I've ever laid eyes on.

The guy is one of the people from earlier. I think his name was Mike. He seems to be telling her about me, too lost in his own world to notice me looking. This was risky, but he seems to be more airheaded than I thought.

The human girl notices me staring and her eyes glaze over in fear. I was too lost in my thoughts to realize she noticed me.

I sigh inwardly and return to my previous pose.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I was suddenly very afraid of this robot. If the Freddy Fazbear's stories taught me anything, it was that an animatronic was never a good thing. And a working one was absolutely terrifying.

I jumped back, bumping into Mike. He had a look of concern on his face.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)? What did I miss?" He asked me. Everything, I wanted to say. He wasn't even paying attention and didn't see the single-handedly worst and best thing happen simultaneously.

I took in a shaky breath and answered, half-whispering, afraid the rabbit would hear me. "It looked at me."

"What? How? Its eyes aren't even open." Mike stated.

I turned around slowly and looked back at it. Its head was down and its eyes were closed, just like before.

As if it never moved at all.

But I swear it did.

Was I going crazy?

Lost in thought, I was suddenly jolted back to reality by Mike.

"Hey! Hey! (Y/N)! You ok?" Mike was trying to get my attention, waving a hand in front of my face. Was I? Did I just hallucinate seeing a robot covered in what looked like blood moving? I don't even believe in ghosts.

I looked up at him and nodded. I must have not gotten enough sleep last night.

"I was trying to tell you I have to go, but you were gone for a moment there," Mike said.

"Wait, you're leaving?" I asked Mike, suddenly frightened because that means I would be left alone with this thing. Imagination or not, the rabbit scared me.

"Yes, technically, my shift ended,-" he looked at his wrist, which was bare. "-a long, long time ago. I just had to wait after my shift for you, then I was free to go."

"Oh and one last thing." Mike was grinning now. I knew where this was going. "I was going to say good night, and speaking of night..."

I groaned before the pun started. "I went to the cinema the other night to watch that new film about cheese. It was G rated." Mike was grinning from ear to ear.

I groaned louder. Mike chuckled. He patted me on the shoulder, uttering one last "bye" before disappearing out the door.

This leaves me alone.

With this rabbit.

And I did not have a good feeling about that.

Well, goodie for me.