x. See You Tomorrow?

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(úlfheðnar) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───►chapter ten; yrsa
❝ see you tomorrow?!

    'SEE you tomorrow' seemed to be all Hiccup would say for the following set of weeks. He showed up to Dragon Training, improvised as best he could, and before anyone else could question him, he was off to the forge or the Cove where he met up with Yrsa and they'd work out the best plan to get Toothless to fly. Yrsa was beyond amused to watch Hiccup trial and fail in getting Toothless in the sky (multiple times). They'd crashland in the pond, in the grass, in the pond again ...

    Yrsa spent her time spoiling Toothless and chatting his ear off. She learnt a lot about dragons this way━so much. She learnt dragons hate eels, much like Hiccup had said, and that they absolutely love scratches behind the ears and that Toothless was as wild, excited and playful as a dog. He loved to run away from them, jump out from behind (and giving Yrsa a terrible fright only to laugh at in the back of his throat), and he loved to run after the lights from Yrsa's axe blade that reflected off the afternoon and morning sun.

    She loved playing with him and talking to him. It brought out a side of her she wasn't used to, tackling and play wrestling in the grass, laughing at the top of her lungs and letting her hair free from their braids as she laid back against his scales while he ate. It especially made her day better when it came to Dragon Training.

    For when it came to Dragon Training, Hiccup seemed to forget about their deal.

    At first, it wasn't much. It was okay. Yrsa understood. The dragons were running at him and he acted. But soon, as crowds grew, attention followed him and the teens surrounded him with questions, claps on the backs and cheers, Hiccup started to look for it. He'd step out into the arena from his hiding spot and reach the dragons before anyone else could, giving them a small scratch under the chin in the specific spot that made them drop, or scratch a little Dragon Nip (as they had named) by their noses━they absolutely loved that stuff.

    It made her annoyed. And maybe it was more than breaking a deal, too, because when Astrid started to pay attention to him, that was when Yrsa really got fired up. It wasn't long before she was left alone at the tables, in the walks from the Dragon Arena, or just in her day-to-day activities. It wasn't positive attention, or maybe it was, but Astrid was far more curious about Hiccup than she had ever been. She'd started to ask where he's been, where Yrsa's been, and what they were doing. Sometimes, when Yrsa would sneak off to the Cove by herself, she saw her best friend practising in the woods, throwing her axe and she'd have to duck and cover quickly, running before she'd see her.

    She never was jealous of Astrid, ever until now. She had never been jealous of anyone. But, now, it seemed to be all she thought about. Astrid this and Hiccup that. Each time Astrid left her seat beside her to go grill Hiccup amongst the exited exclaims from the others, Yrsa would slam her drink onto the table. She almost fell off the walk by the rush of the others to reach Hiccup to ask questions how he took down the Gronckle last lesson. Her food was kicked right out of her way when Tuffnut scurried up and onto the table to reach Hiccup in time before he was swarmed by the people of Berk.

    It was wrong, she knew it was, but she Yrsa had found herself belonging somewhere, with someone. She had a new friend, someone who she didn't have to lie to everyday about where she was going, or who she was seeing, or about the Night Fury she befriended.

    So, as Hiccup's new found talent in Dragon Training grew, as did the crowds, and the attention, and the cheers, so did Yrsa's anger and frustration. She began to be the one throwing her axe in the woods, hitting the same target over and over again. She began to slip back into her old ways, scowling at Hiccup and avoiding him while everyone else swam to his side, but not because she was hiding anything. No, she was mad, and she wanted him to know that.