xxv. Mutiny

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(úlfheðnar) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───►chapter twenty-five; hiccup
❝ mutiny!

"SNOTLOUT!"

Hiccup growled and kicked his legs up at his cousin lounging back in his Monstrous Nightmare's saddle. It wasn't long before Eret's ship below was as small as a fishing boat, the members upon it scrambling as they tried to understand what had just happened. Hiccup was trying to understand, too.

Wings ripped through blue sails and the ship below rocked. Hiccup continued to shout, furious as he saw Yrsa stumble, trying to catch herself before she was tossed overboard.

"Dragon Riders!"

Toothless shrieked. Hiccup caught sight of him clawing up the mast and jumping to the tops of the broken sails, readying a blast only to fall short, realising who had come to mess everything up.

"Put me down!" seethed Hiccup, tugging at Hookfang's claws that were wrapped tight around his arms.

"Put you down?" snapped Astrid to the left, soaring in with Stormfly, her axe ready. "Are you insane?!"

"I had a plan!" argued the chief's son, continuing to struggle. His cousin laughed, albeit enjoying the annoyed shouts and yells of the young man below. "Snotlout, what━what are you doing?!"

Snotlout just smirked, perching his elbow on Hookfang's horns to peer up at the Zippleback drifting beside them. He winked at Ruffnut. Oh, great, grumbled Hiccup. I'm now Snotlout's unwilling wingman. "See how well I protect and provide━?" the short, but stout Viking gestured a lazy hand down at Hiccup.

"Ugh!" groaned Ruffnut, rolling her eyes so hard Hiccup was prepared they'd fall out. "You're so━whoa!"

Only barely did she and Tuff manouver their dragon away from the nets flung from the contraptions at the boat's oarport. Below, Yrsa struggled to her feet, racing towards the trappers with her axe she had managed to retrieve. Helrose, very confused, peered back at her under her wing━it took a moment for the dragon to realise she wanted her to follow. She started after her with a jump.

The Twins darted out of another webbed trap. "What is with all the nets?!" yelled Tuffnut.

"Hey!" Ruff, twisted Barf's head downwards and her Twin and Belch followed. They spun out of the next projectile. "Watch it! That was━" her last word was but a breath of surprise, or maybe sheer awe. Eyes widening, she sat up in her saddle to gain a wondrous glance down at the trapper manning the nets. Eret son of Eret pulled the lever back, and Ruff's shocked face turned into a sultry smirk. "Close ... oh ... my ... me likey..."

Great! Hiccup thought as he swung his legs back and forth, trying to create momentum as he worked his way out of Hookfang's grip. Just what everyone needs! Ruffnut falling for a trapper! Snotlout's dragon glanced down at him with a narrowed glance that said, what are you doing? Stop it. It's annoying.

Ruffnut threw her arms out with a pleasant sigh as the next net flung up. Tuffnut turned to stare at her, outraged. "Take me━!" the net encased her and Barf flung his neck a little, just as annoyed.

Hiccup finally gained enough momentum to slip from Hookfang's grip a little. With a final grunt, he swung his legs up and pushed away, spinning out of the dragon's hold and diving free-fall back to the boat. Slipping his hands down, he flung out his wings, the familar jolt hitting his stomach as he wavered in the wind, his descent jagged.