♡26

**

"Good morning," A soft mellow voice came, waking Taehyung up from his somber sleep. Taehyung blinked his eyes to adjust for the sunlight poured in from the tall pane windows. The velvet curtains were drawn, and summer had finally settled arrived in London.

Taehyung saw Jeongguk, holding a tray with two cups of tea sitting on them. Jeongguk smiled at Taehyung and then sat down on the bed beside him. "I made some tea for you, love," Jeongguk said gently and then brought his hand forward to card his fingers through Taehyung's golden hair. "How are you?"

"I've been better," Taehyung replied groggily, sitting up. Jeongguk pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek, but the remembrance of their parting struck him like lightning and beckoned him to pull away in an instant.

Taehyung picked up the cup of tea, but Jeongguk noticed how his lean fingers were trembling. Jeongguk put his hands onto Taehyung's. "You're shaking."

"It's c-cold," Taehyung said admittingly, and Jeongguk tilted his head because the weather had been steadily warmer each new day. Jeongguk put his hand against Taehyung's cheek.

"Your skin is hot... you've got a fever, I reckon." Jeongguk sighed, placing the tray down and getting up from the bed.

"Jeongguk," Taehyung gulped. "Don't fret over me, love. Please. I'm alright. You've-you've done enough..."

"I'll just get you some honey to put into your tea-" Jeongguk began, but Taehyung shook his head.

"Don't. Just sit by me. Your presence is enough of a remedy." Taehyung said faintly. Jeongguk walked back to the older man, sitting down beside him. Jeongguk brought forward the cup of tea, holding it to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung looked away, taking a few sips of it.

"It's pathetic. Emasculating." Taehyung muttered. "I can't even hold my head up."

"Of course you can. You're just sick. It's probably the- the changing weather." Jeongguk said. Or the fact that you've been unhinged with your drinking, Jeongguk thought but didn't voice.

"You always take care of me," Taehyung said. "You're too giving."

"That tends to happen when you're in love with someone. Selflessness. It's a flaw as much as a quality." Jeongguk chuckled, and his cheeks flickered red when Taehyung smiled fondly.

"In love with someone," Taehyung whispered. Jeongguk picked up his cup of tea and took a few sips. "That's endearing."

"Must you not tease me? It's already humiliating, being in love. Such a crucifying thing." Jeongguk tsked, and then put the cup down. "It frees you or binds you. Or in my case, it does both."

They finished drinking the tea, talking in hushed voices. Jeongguk got up to keep the tray back in the kitchen and make breakfast for the two of them. He didn't know if Veronica was going to come back any time soon, but considering her abysmal attitude before her departure, Jeongguk doesn't think it'll be any time soon.

"I'll make you breakfast. Lay here, you're in no condition to go to work today." Jeongguk said to him, soft. Jeongguk smiled at Taehyung when he sighed.

"I don't like being taken care of,"

"Oh, hush." Jeongguk kissed his temple. "You can do that for me, can't you?"

"Alright, I suppose so."

Jeongguk walked down to place the teacups and tray in the sink, and then get to work with breakfast. Jeongguk made some eggs, humming a tune to himself that he's meant to sing at the club tonight. Should he go? Taehyung might need him.