13 .Road Trip(Part 2)

13. Road Trip(Part 2):

"I bought you some candy.Thought you might need them later.I know sugar is the only way to help you survive stress nights"Mack winks and hands me over the bag of colorful jelly beans.

"Thank you" I smile back at him,feeling heartwarming. I always get a warm feeling in my chest when someone remembers needs and facts about me.

Throat clearing got me back from my thoughts. "I'm gonna get some snacks as well" Ross rises to his feet and turns away quick enough to hides his face.

I really hope things won't get awkward between us.He's a great friend,but that's all.Nothing more.

"Everything okay?" Mack asks while looking back and forward between me and Ross.

"Yeah,sure.Why do you ask?" I rush with the words,making them sound doubtful.

He studies my face before letting it go.

"Never mind.So,do you like your candies?" He changes the subject pretty smoothly,lighting up my mood a bit by candies.My absolutely favs.

"They seem amazing. Thanks for remembering" I chuckle.

I grab a red one from the pack,feeling the sweet exploring in my mouth.Heart calming a little.Whenever I felt down,my mom will always give me a bag of candies.Labeling them by their colors.Red means feeling depressed,blue means if you're sad and as for green (for some odd reasons) means feeling gross.

"Feeling depressed?" He nods at the red sweet in my hand.I stare at him,shocked.How did he know?

"How did you know?" My mouth formed into an 'o' shape at this moment.

"You know,I kinda figured it out while we were dating.You,eating different colors of the candies in different situations" He chuckles while shoving his hands in his pockets.

I feel my cheeks burning up,I quickly cover my face with my hair.

He slowly leans forward,he removes a piece of my hair out of my face,tucking it behind my ear.

"There.That's better"He says softly while his eyes glue to mine.

There's a heavy tension in the air that I can't figure out.

Is this the moment when the couples kiss in the movies?

And possibly live happily ever after?

Huh,is that word even exist in my dictionary?

Happy..Ever after..?

As I snapped back from my thoughts,Mack's face is already far away from me.

"Come on,there's still a long road we have to go"

*

I'm in a room with no windows or doors.

Like a corner.

I'm trapped.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I call out.No responds. No sounds. No mercy.

The feeling of lost and lonely makes me go weak. "Please?" I breath out.

"Don't trust everyone around you"

This voice...

"What do you mean?" I spin around the room,searching for the voice's owner.

"Keep your eyes open,especially the one you think you know the most

It's the same voice from my last dream.