14.Hotel adventure

14.Hotel adventure:

The world stopped. This is not a first time feeling.I clutch my heart,trying to catch my breath.

"Excuse me?" The words finally left my mouth.

"Kirsty is dead Laura. And it's my fault!" Ayen yells while putting her face in her hands. Hayes pulls her close to him,rubbing her back "Shh,it wasn't your fault"

"But I was the only one with her,I should have known" She cries out,tears wetting his shirt.

My legs feel weak,so I sit back on the bed.Trying to get this straight.

There's a fucking killer in this place.

A killer.

Ross crosses his arms,asking Ayen calmly"What happened last night?"

"Ross..." Hayes gives him a death glare telling him to shut up,but Ayen was strong enough to put herself together.

"It's okay Hay,I can take it" She gets out from his grip and sits down beside me.

I take her hand in mine as to comfort her,she offers me back with a small smile before starting.

"After we got into our room,we watched a movie and took showers in turns.I slept first due to the tiredness that was building up in me. But I was sure Kirsty did sleep,cause I woke up at the morning and went to the bathroom. She was sleeping then.Then after peeing,I went back to bed.And that was pretty much it,I woke up again and boom,a dead body in the bathtub" She finishes it while letting out a long deep breath.

"At what specifically time did you wake up the first time?" Ross narrows his brows.

"Um,not quite sure.What time is it now?"

She asks,trying to find a clock.

"12:30p.m." Hayes answers after checking his watch.

"Maybe 7 or 8?"

"And what time did you find her?" Ross bites his nails nervously.

"Uh,around 12:10.I went to you guys as soon as I found out"

"So that means it happened between 9-12" Ross mutters.

"No shit,Sherlock" Hayes replies sarcastically.

Ross rolls his eyes at his comment.

"Who else is in the hotel?" Mack asks.I almost forgot he's here.

"I think we can check it at the front desk"Ayen gets up beside me and was ready to head to the door.
"Where are you going?" I immediately stand up as well. "To the lobby?"

"Are you crazy? What if the killer's still here?" I reach over to take my phone.

"Seriously,you're gonna check your phone?"Hayes says in an unbelievable tone.

"What the hell? I was trying to call 911"

"NO!" Ross hurries over and snatches the phone out of my hand.

We all look at him confusedly.

Why was he so agitated?

My head starts to think of things that don't have any logic.

"Why not?" Mack tried to take my phone back,but Ross took it further away.

"Because,they'll send us back and we'll loose our chance to find Professor Ann!" He answers in a 'duh' tone.

"Dean" Mack corrects him.

"What?! I thought it was Ben?!" Hayes gasps.I took the chance and reach over,successfully got my phone back.