Chapter 3

Once I get there I head straight to the receptionist. "Hi, what can I do for you?" She asks whilst sorting through some files.

"I need to see Issac Lahey." I say and she looks up from her files. "I'm sorry I can't allow that." She says and I sigh. "I know you can't but it's really important." I say and she keeps a straight face the entire time.

"What relations do you have to Issac Lahey?" She asks whilst typing on a computer. "He's my best friend. We're as close as family." I say and she sighs. "Im sorry, but you can't see him. Right now it's only immediate family." The lady says and I run a hand over my face.

"Issac doesn't have any family." I mutter and she shrugs. "I'm sorry but you still can't see him." She says and I groan.

"Please, I'll make it really quick like a minute tops. Just please let me see him." I say and she shakes her head no. "I can't let you do that." She says as the door opens. A man with a leather jacket and a light beard walks over to the desk.

This man started to flirt with the deputy and I just stood there trying to think of ways for this lady to let me go and see Issac.

"What are you doing here?" The man asks me. "I need to speak to my friend." I say and the man nods when the fire alarm starts ringing.

The deputy rushes off to tend to the fire alarm and the man goes in another direction.

When the lady comes back she sighs when she sees me. "Im sorry Miss but I can't let you go and see him." She repeats and I groan. "Can you atleast tell him something for me?" I ask and she scrunched up her face as if it wasn't allowed before she sighed. "Sure." She says and I take a breath of relief.

"Tell him Sofia said he's going to be okay and I'll do anything to help him, he just needs to comply. Tell him I said he's not a disappointing anyone and that I love him." I say and she nods.

The door opens again but this time the Sheriff walks in with two deputies. "Keep her there." He says to the deputy at the desk about me before he walks off and I furrow my eyebrows.

I ended up in the Sheriff's office with Stiles, whi I had no clue was here.

"Did you know Issac Lahey got out?" The sheriff asks me and I look at him confused. "Got out?" I ask him. "Disappeared, isn't in his cell, isn't here at all." He says and my eyes widen and I flush with relief, except now he's a fugitive and I probably won't see him.

"I had no clue. I just wanted to see him, make sure he's okay." I say and the sheriff sighs and looks between me and Stiles. "Get outta here." He says and we both quickly rush out of the door.

"That's strange. Kinda coincidental that we were both there." Stiles says and I look at him confused. "I guess." I say rolling my eyes.

"I hope he's okay." I say once I get to my bike. "He will be." Stiles says and I turn to him. "Hopefully." Stiles adds and I smile.

"I'll take you home, come on." He says walking to his Jeep. "My bike." I say and he shrugs. "Shove it in the back." He says opening the trunk of his Jeep.

I put my bike in the trunk successfully after 5 minutes and then climb into the passenger seat.

I don't talk with Stiles the whole way home, we aren't really friends. My only friend is now running from the law.

I got my phone out of my pocket and tried ringing Issac about 5 times before giving up.

I sigh and lean my head against the window. "I'm sorry about Issac." Stiles says but I don't bother to look at him. "No your not. You and Scott thought he was weird." I say and Stiles sighs.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Stiles as he pulls up outside my house. "Who knows, but why do you care now?" I ask and he sighs. "I do care about you Sof." He says and I sigh. "Only when you want something." I mutter and jump out of his Jeep.

I get out of Stiles Jeep and pull my bike out of his car.

I leave my bike outside and sit on the porch to leave Issac a voicemail quickly.

"Hey Issac, it's me. I just wanted to know how you were. I think it was a bit excessive breaking out of jail but I understand it. It probably isn't safe to come to my house now you're a fugitive and all. I hope I can see you soon. Be safe Issac." I say before heading inside.

I head inside and take a bite of my food but instantly feel sick so I head upstairs.

I head into my room and kick my shoes off. I take my jacket off and place it on the back of my chair when I notice a letter on my desk, written to me.

I sit in my chair and just as im about to open it Scott bursts into my room.

"There's this thing called knocking, try it." I say rolling my eyes. "It stinks in here." Scott says and I scoff. "It's you. Seriously get out. You're giving my room a funky smell." I say and he sighs.

"Sof, I don't want you hanging out with Issac." Scott says and I roll my eyes. "Get out. Seriously get out." I shout standing up and pushing him out of my room.

"Dick." I mutter under my breath and shut my bed room door.

I took the left over makeup off from my face and then washed my face and brushed my teeth.

Before I decided to get into my pyjamas, I decided to read the letter.

Sof,
      I'm so sorry for tonight. I have to leave, I can't stay here especially not now im a fugitive.
      I didn't kill my dad and as long as you and I know that, that's all that matters. Thank you for being my best friend and looking out for me.
      Don't call me and please don't text me. I don't know how long it will be till I can come back for you. Don't bother looking for me, I'm gonna leave the state. Just take care of your self please. I'll miss you.
I love you.
                           Issac

I take a deep breath and decide to get into my pyjamas. I open my closet and realise it was more emptier. It took me a moment to realise a bunch of Issac's clothes were gone.

I sigh before grabbing some pyjama shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

I head over to the window and open it wide, just in case Issac sneaks in. I climb into bed and face the side Issac normally sleeps on and just re read the letter till I fall to sleep.

I wasn't angry at Issac, nor upset. I understood what he had to do. I just hope to see him soon. Issac is my best friend and the thought of not seeing him almost everyday breaks my heart.

I know it's unlikely Issac will sneak in in the middle of the night, but there's always hope.