Chapter 28

Issac's POV
"Scott! Tell them to hurry up!" I yell stroking her hair and taking her pain at the same time.

"Sofia, you stay with me okay. Stay with me, my love." I say as her heartbeat becomes faint.

"Stiles. Allison. Watch." She says very very faintly.

"Sofia." I warn but she slowly slips away.

"Scott!" I yell and the faint sound of an ambulance is heard in the distance.

Some paramedics rush in and try to pry Sofia away from me. "Don't you dare." I yell at them.

"Issac, come on." Scott says pulling me back.

They check a pulse and glance between each other.

"She's dead." They declare and the low blow hits me straight in the chest. A growl sets low in my chest and I watch them put Sofia on a stretcher.

"You boys should call your parents and meet us at the hospital for a statement." They say and leave.

The door shuts and the adrenaline runs through my veins, with the feeling of sickness.

I head out the door and to the hospital immediately.

I rush up to where Sofia was. Scott, wasn't too far behind me.

I pull the sheet over her face and just stare at her pale and lifeless body.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry that I didn't get to you in time. I'm so sorry." I say holding her hand. It's cold.

Melissa rushes in, still in her scrubs. I turn to her, the same time she sees Sofia's face.

She takes in a big breath before lettinf out the biggest sob.

"What happened?" She cries.

The door flies open and Mr McCall walks in with Scott and dread and pain washes over his face.

"What happened?" Melissa repeats.

"I don't know. I took Issac to work with me. We were talking to some clients when our phone started going off the hook. We rushes home and found her all bloodied on the kitchen floor." Scott says and I screw my eyes shut.

Melissa cries into her ex husband who also starts crying.

They just became a family again, she finally felt happy and this happens. Why? Why her?

****
"You promised me." I say to her as they all leave. "You promised you wouldn't leave me and we'd grow old together. You were never supposed to die first." I say and wetness seeps my cheeks.

"You were never supposed to leave me." I cry. "What did you do? Why couldn't you wait and talk to me? I'm so sorry Sofia." I begin to sob and put my head against her chest.

"Issac." Scott says and I turn to him, we reflect each other. "Let's go home." He says and throws me a helmet.

"I can't leave her." I say letting the helmet clank to the floor. "Issac." He sighs. "No, I won't do it." I say and he pulls me away from her.

"She's gone. We need to go home." He says and drags me out of there. Away from her.

****
I lock myself in our room. I don't care if I'm being selfish. They never loved Sofia like I did.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and go through her voice mails.

I nervously press on one from 9:17am.

"Hey, it's me. Obviously. Because you would see all the missed calls and realise it's me. Anyway. Ugh. I need your help." She says and groans and shattered heart splinters even more.

"I made a big mistake." She admits before the voicemail cuts off.

I quickly wipe the tears leaking from my eyes before clicking on one from 9:21am.

"Look, I need your help right now." She says and lets out a shaky breath. "I thought I was asleep... it was the only way to wake up. I'm sorry. I need you to help me. Please come home." She says and it cuts off again.

Shit. She needed me and I wasn't here.

I knew she was struggling and I left her. I know I should've woke her up.

I brought this on her.

I could've been back in time.

I could've saved her if I answered the phone.

The last voicemail... 9:32am.

"I'm sorry." She cries. "I love you. And I never wanted this to happen. It was an accident." She cries before it ends.

I throw my phone and let out a growl.

"This isn't how it's supposed to end!" I yell.

"Issac?" Scott says barging down the door.

I roar this time and it ends with a heartbreaking sob.

"It wasn't supposed to end like this. With just me. It was supposed to end with us, both of us, happy after so long. We were close. So fucking close. And it's my fault. I could've saved her." I cry.

"No you couldn't." Scott says and I shake my head. "Yes I could have!" I cry and pick up a pillow.

It smells like her, us, our love.

The smell of this pillow was how it was supposed to be.

Now im crying into a pillow because I couldn't wake her up from a nightmare because I wasn't here.

****
I grab a candle and light it before sitting infront of it.

I'm about to make a deal with the devil.

"I need her to come back to me. I love her. Please let her come back. I'll do anything." I speak out.

I would die right now if it meant she'd come back.

But I already put her through the pain of losing me when I went to jail. I saw how badly she reacted then and I'd never want her to feel this pain.

But I'd rather her be here and me not.

I blow out the candle before sitting back on our bed, into my pillow.

"Come home Sofia. Come back to me." I cry again.

I need her.

I want to go home.

And I can't if shes not here.

Because she is my home.

And this pain may be the worst I've ever felt, nothing compares.

I wait for hours and hours for my deal to work, but it doesn't.

But as the hours slip away and the more I listen to her voicemails I realise, we aren't going home anytime soon.

I'll have to live my life and make her happy before I can go home.

My goal was always to make her happy and no matter how much I want to go happy, I need to make her proud.

She was taken from me to soon but I'll reunite with her once I've made her proud.

That could be in a few months, a few years, a few decades. But I'll know when it is.

And I can't wait to go home.