Chapter 13

I woke up and hopped straight in the shower.

Straight after my shower, I get dressed into a black skirt with a emerald green sweatshirt that I tucked underneath and into my bra. I put on my black converse and then did my hair and makeup.

I went downstairs and drank some coffee and snacked on a granola bar till Toby honked his car horn. I grab my bag and rush to my car.

"Morning." I say kissing his cheek. "Morning." He says smiling and we head to school.

Once we get to school, he walks me to my locker and leans down to kiss my cheek. "I'll see you later." He says and I nod. "See you then." I say opening my locker.

****
At lunch I met Toby by his locker and he leant down to kiss me. He opens his locker and puts his stuff in before getting his lunch out.

We head to the outside picnic benches where we split his lunch.

I take a bite into his sandwich when I notice Derek walking to the parking lot.

"Derek!" I shout and he turns to face me. I wave him over and he slowly trudges over to me.

"Sofia." He says and I smile. "Hey, how's Issac?" I ask and he glances over to Toby.

"Sorry." I say and turn to Toby. "Toby this is Derek, he's Issac's guardian. Derek this is my boyfriend, Toby." I say and Derek nods his head slowly.

"Nice to meet you." Toby says and Derek looks from Toby to me. "Issac's okay, he's just resting. He'll call you later." He says and I smile. "Alright, tell him I said hi." I say and Derek nods again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow at me. "Talking to the principal about Issac." He lies and I nod slowly. "Okay, I'll see you later." I say and he nods again before walking off.

"He's a bit scary you know." Toby says before eating his lunch. "He's not that bad." I say and he raises an eyebrow at me.

****
After watching coach absolutely violate Scott, I had a free period. I sat with Allison and Lydia.

"I want one." Lydia says looking at the twins. "What one?" Allison asks looking at them. "The straight one, obviously." Lydia says before she gets up and goes over to them.

"What if it's not a symbol? What if it's a logo?" Allison says and I look up to see her examining her coffee cup.

"What the hell happened anyway?" I ask turning to her. "This girl came up to us, needing to see Scott. She grabbed us and left a bruise." She says and I pout. "Oh." I say and she nods.

****
I meet Toby at the end of the day by his car and we head to his house.

I follow him inside and into his kitchen. "Mom." He calls as we walk in.

"Ah!" She squeals and comes over to us. "Sofia, you look amazing." She says and hugs me. "Thank you." I say awkwardly as she hugs me.

I'm not used to affection off of authority figures, I haven't had it in a very long time.

"Mom." Toby warns. "Sorry, I know you don't like hugs, I just can't help myself." She says pulling back and squeezing my shoulders.

"You guys can do some homework or something, I'll start on dinner. You're dad's just sorting something out for your brother." She says to Toby and he nods.

We head up to Toby's room and he sits in the middle of his bed and gestures for me to sit down and we start doing homework until we got called down for dinner.

"Ah, Sofia, it's nice to see you again." Toby's dad says and I smile. "You too." I say before sitting down beside Toby.

****
After dinner Toby and I went back upstairs to finish off our homework.