Chapter 16

My alarm rings but I couldn't move. I look down to see Issac's head on my stomach and a hand just under my boob.

He looks adorable with a little curl dropped down on his forehead. I really need to talk to Toby.

"Issac." I say and turn my alarm off. "Issac." I say shaking him.

He sits up and smiles at me. "Morning." He says and I smile. "Morning." I say before climbing out of bed and having a shower.

After my shower, Issac has a shower whilst I get dressed. I put on a black leather belted skirt with a white button up shirt. I roll the sleeves slightly by my wrist and then do my hair and makeup.

Issac made my bed and got his stuff ready for school.

I went downstairs and handed him a granola bar and some coffee.

"Hey Issac, wanna ride?" Scott asks. Issac looks down to me. "She always rides with Toby, unless you wanna third wheel." Scott says handing Issac a spare helmet. "Definitely not." Issac says and smiles at me before heading out the door.

The storm from last name had continued into today. "Be careful." I shout after Issac. "Wouldn't be the first time I've crashed." He jokes and I sigh.

Five minutes after they left, Toby had got here. I need to tell him today.

"Hey." He says and kisses my cheek making me feel to guilty. "Morning." I say with a slight voice crack. "You alright?" He asks and I nod.

"You look amazing." He says putting his hand on my thigh but I flinch away and mentally scold myself for thinking of Issac.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asks and I shake my head no. "No, I'm just not in the mood for affection today." I say and he nods slowly.

"Is everything okay?" He asks and I nod. "Yep. Great." I lie as the guilt eats at me.

Once we get to school we rush from his car to the doors. "I'll see you later." I say leaving him confused by the doors.

****
"Can we talk?" Allison asks me at lunchtime. At this point I'd rather argue with Allison then sit through an awkward lunch with Toby. "Sure." I say and follow her somewhere and text Toby saying I won't be able to meet up.

"I am you're friend." She says and I raise an eyebrow. "At first Scott did just want me to watch out for you, but now we are genuinely friends." She says and I sigh.

"Look, I spoke to Issac yesterday and I know he's holding a grudge so I'll understand if you are. But you can't tell me you didn't enjoy being friends." She says and I sigh.

"I understand why you did it, but you have to know you did hurt me." I say and she nods. "I know and I am sorry." She says and I sigh.

I notice Issac standing nearby watching curiously. Allison turns around to see Issac and then I look away from him and back to her.

"Is everything okay with you and Toby?" She asks and I groan. "Yep." I say  playing with my rings. "Sofia. You can talk to me." She says and I shrug.

"You wanna start over again? Fine. But I can't talk to you Allison." I say before walking over to Issac. He puts his arm around me and we walk away.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod. "I'm proud of you." He says and I smile softly.

"I thought you were with Allison?" Toby says from behind me and I mentally sigh. "I was. I literally just walked away from her." I say and he nods slowly and looks at Issac. Issac removes his arm from around me and squeezes my shoulder. "I'll see you later." He whispers before walking away.

****
At the end of the school day, I meet Toby at his car and he drives me home.

"Do you wanna come in, I wanna talk." I say looking at my house and he nods. "Sure." He says and follows me into my house.

"Hi." I say to Issac and Scott as we walk past them.

I get into my room and close my door behind Toby. "Sit down." I say sighing.
"What's wrong?" He asks and I sit down beside me.

"Issac kissed me." I start but Toby doesn't even look surprised. "And I kissed back." I say and he sighs.

"Sofia." He sighs and puts his head in his hands. "I know." I sigh.

"Is it gonna happen again?" He asks and I look over to him. "Honestly." I say and he looks up at me. "I don't know." I say and he sighs.

"Sof." He sighs and I nod. "I know." I say and he grabs my hand. "I love you and I know you don't want to have to choose. But I need you to." He says and I shake my head no.

"I can't choose. Don't make me choose." I say and he sighs. "I ugh... I had a feeling you would say that." He says squeezing my hand.

"Sof, I can't keep doing this with him anymore. I know who you'd choose, so I'll make it easier for you." He says standing up.

"I'm sorry, I never wanted to hurt you." I say and he cups my cheek. "I know." He says and kisses my cheek before leaving.

I stand by my door and both Scott and Issac were stood there watching Toby walk down the corridor.

"I'm sorry." Issac says wrapping his arms around me and I hug him back. I don't feel bad about breaking up with him. I feel bad because I hurt him.

"It's not your fault." I say as we sit down on my bed. He leans his forehead against mine and puts his hand on my cheek and I melt into his hand as I close my eyes.

"I'm a bad person." I whisper and he sighs. "You made a mistake. That doesn't make you a bad person Sof. At least you were able to tell him." He says and I sigh and lean my head closer so our noses were touching.

He places a soft kiss to the corner of my mouth which makes me smile. "There's that smile." He says and I roll my eyes.

I pull my head back and pinch his nose. He laughs and I kick my shoes off before sitting on my bed and get ready to do some hard core homework.

****
"What's wrong?" I ask Issac as he gets in beside me. "Derek." He whispers grabbing my hand and placing a soft kiss to it.

"Derek's dead." He says and my eyes widen. "What?" I ask sitting up. And he sighs before telling me everything.