Chapter 12

4 months later.

Things haven't been the same since I was shot. Everything has changed. Mom and Scott don't seem to remember I got shot, or they just simply don't care.

I spend half my time with Lydia now and the other half with Toby now because I actually have friends.

"Stop." I say laughing. "I need to get out." I say and Toby smiles. "I'll pick you up tomorrow." He says and I nod. "You better." I say and kiss him.

I head into the house and wander up to my room. I go through my closet to pick out an outfit for tomorrow.

"Hey." Scott says knocking on my bedroom door. "Hi." I say focusing on my outfit. Allison has been gone for 4 months so Lydia did actually take me up on that makeover.

"We just got done taking Lydia and Allison home, are you ready for School tomorrow?" He asks and I spin on my heels. "Allison and Lydia?" I ask and he nods.

"They had plans today." He says and I feel a pang in my chest. "They didn't invite me, we've been texting all summer." I say and he shrugs.

"I'm gonna get ready for bed." I say and he nods.

I get ready for bed and climb into bed and watch my laptop till I fall asleep.

****
When my alarm rings I get out of bed and have a shower straight away.

I get dressed into a blue denim skirt, white crop top and my sage green long sleeve shirt that I tie in a knot. I do my makeup and hair before putting some white converse on.

I head downstairs and slowly eat a granola bar and drink some coffee whilst I wait for Toby.

He honks his car horn and I jump up and grab my bag. "See you later." I yell and rush out of the house and into Toby's car.

"Good morning." Toby says kissing my cheek. "Morning." I smile and we head to school.

When we get to school, we walk hand in hand to my locker where I put a bunch of books.

I notice Allison and Lydia at Allison's locker. Toby walks me over to them and leans down to kiss my cheek. "I'll see you in first period." He says before meeting up with Danny.

"How was France?" I ask Allison and she nods. "Exactly what I needed." She smiles. "Good, I'm glad." I smile.

"You and Toby are together?" She asks and I nod. "Aw that's amazing." She says and I smile.

"I still prefer you with Issac." Lydia argues and I roll my eyes. "Am I missing something?" Allison asks.

"Just that Issac and Sofia are meant to be but she's still with that dickhead." Lydia says and I roll my eyes. "We're just friends." I remind her and she looks at me unconvinced.

"Fresh men." Lydia says looking up and down the corridor. "Tones and tones of fresh men." She says and I raise an eyebrow.

"You mean boys." Allison laughs. "Lydia, they're fourteen." Allison says and I laugh. "Eh, some are more mature than others." She shrugs.

"You know, its okay to he single, focus on yourself for a while. Work on becoming a better person." Allison says and Lydia chuckles. "Allison, I love you. So if you need to that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you, it's totally fine." She says and Allison chuckles.

We look down the corridor and see a set of boy twins walking down the corridor.

"Brothers." Allison asks and I raise an eyebrow whilst examining them. "Twins and I want one." Lydia says say and I laugh softly.