Hi Guys

Hello everyone. This isn't what I was expecting to write on my big comeback, but I find it extremely important to talk about.

As you all know, I am a female, and I just recently turned eighteen. And while turning eighteen is a huge thing, that's not what I'm here to talk about.

As you know, the world is a dangerous place. A scary, dangerous place. And so many scary, heinous things happen to young girls and young boys alike.

Until Wednesday night, none of those things had happened to me. And before I get into my story, please don't comment about how minimal my trauma was, I'm well aware, and have been telling myself, that far worse things have happened to far better people.

On Wednesday, early evening after work, my mother and I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner. We had got to the checkout and paid when she realized she forgot an ingredient. That's when my stepdad met up with us, so he ran in to get it while my mom and I exited the store.

My mom leaves me with the cart and her purse while she runs into the liquor store to grab wine she needed for the pasta dish. Outside the store was a drunken man, maybe three times my age.

Normally, I wouldn't acknowledge the race of the person, but for the sake of the story I find it important to mention that this man was black. You will understand why in a moment.

At first, this man approaches me from the table outside the store giving info about COVID vaccines. He starts going on about how I look like I'm uncomfortable around other races, and claiming that I'm racist.

I told him that I wasn't, and he then reached out and stroked my arm, and proceeded to tell me that I should hug him, as if to prove that I wasn't uncomfortable with his race.

When I told him I shouldn't, he asked me why. I then told him that it was inappropriate for me to hug a complete stranger, let alone an older man.

He didn't want to accept that.

He then continued to force a hug on me. I didn't know what to do, so I hugged him back as little as I could.

Once he stepped away, he turned back to the lady running the table with the info on the vaccine. I took that as my chance, so I went to text my mom for help, when I realized she left her phone in her purse, which was in the cart that I was watching.

Unable to do anything more, I just decided to step closer to the door of the liquor store my mom had entered.

As if this man had noticed I moved, he moved to stand next to me again, and just stared at me. When I looked at him, he started ranting on about how I was racist and shouldn't be afraid to love people of other races.

Then, another intoxicated black man, who knew the original man, showed up and started talking to me. The original man reached out and stroked my arm again, and that's when my stepdad ran out of the store and to my side.

He tried playing it cool, saying things like, "what's up, man," and other things. It's important to note that my stepdad had just gotten off work when he met up with us, so he was still wearing his uniform shirt that had the company name written on it.

For context the name of the company is Micron Solutions. For my privacy and the privacy of my family, I ask that you do not investigate where that company is, please.

Then, my assaulter started talking to my stepdad, and decided that he should ask him a question. He asked my stepdad, and I quote, "is she your Micron Solution?"

At that point, I was on the verge of tears and my mom still hadn't returned, and now a crowd was forming on top of it all because of the rush of customers.

In response to the question, my stepdad exploded, yelling at the man that I was his daughter. At this point, the man's friend decided that it would be wise to start pulling him away, telling him to back away from "his daughter".

As soon as my stepdad yelled that I was his daughter, the man started going on about how he never said anything disrespectful and that he never touched me.

Soon, the man swung at my stepdad, and that's when my mom came back. She only saw the fight start getting physical, so she didn't understand why they were fighting, and then assumed that I was on the verge of tears because I hate confrontations.

She hugged me to her shoulder and I started sobbing, just begging to go home. Then my mom asked what happened.

And the rest is history.

Now, I'm not coming forward for attention. I'm aware that I can't consider myself a real victim. So much worse things have happened to better people.

But, I came forward so that other victims can see that no matter how small the offense, if someone does something to you or your body, whether you're a boy or a girl, young or older, you have the right to be upset.

Please never be afraid to tell your story, at least not to me.

I love you guys. So much.