Chapter 13 : Unexpected Visitor

Reid's POV

All of us had flown to Georgia this morning for a new case, and to say I was bummed was an understatement. I was supposed to see Nicks first thing, and now I can't even see her for at least a week.

I was sitting in the precinct working the geographical profile when I got a call. It was a facetime from Nicks. I happily stopped working and answered the call.

She was outside somewhere and was walking. "Hey Spin. Long time no see, and long time no talk. I miss you." She spoke so softly, and soon entered through a door. I immediately smiled, and then responded.

"Hi, Nicks. I know, it's been a while. And I miss you too." When I heard the door to the room we were given open, I just assumed it was another team member, so I continued to focus on talking to my best friend, hopefully, more one day.

"Hey Spin, do me a favour and look up." She said, then hung up quickly. I did as she said, confused as to why, but jumped up and almost fell, pulling her to me immediately.

"Oh my god, Nicks. I missed you so much, and then I was messed up and couldn't be there for you, and it hurt that I had this case. I just love you so much." I instantly regretted the last sentence that exited my mouth, betraying my mind and will directly.

I instantly backed away and sat back down. "I'm so sorry Nicks. I didn't mean," She cut me off by pulling me back into her.

"Spin, it's okay. It's okay. And you wanna know why it's okay? Because I'm a profiler. I knew about this, sorta anyways. The signs were all there and I chose to ignore them, simply because I thought that I was wrong. Because I didn't want to admit something so real, because I'm scared. But now, I'm not so scared anymore. Spencer Reid, I love you too." She spoke every word so clearly, so passionately, that I had no choice but to listen. The speech brought tears to my eyes, and I hugged her tightly again.

"Oh my God, I was so scared. I'm so happy you feel the same way." I whimpered and kissed her sweetly. Soon, someone cleared their throat.

I looked over her shoulder to see the entire team there. They all seemed kinda confused and furious at the same time.

"Reid what are you doing, man! What about Nicki! I thought you loved her, and now here you are kissing another girl you don't even know!" Morgan yelled, obviously upset.

I was about to respond when Nicks placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. I've got it." She whispered, the turned around.

"Hey, guys. I hope you all don't mind having an Unexpected Visitor." She spoke, a hand on her hip.

Gasps of shock and smiles of happiness were heard and seen around the room. She returned a smile, though I'm almost positive it was fake.

"Hello, lovelies. It's lovely to see you all again, as myself and out of the hospital of course." She said, hugging everyone individually.

"Yeah, so, how did you get here?" Rossi asked, smiling at her.

"Well, after you all left I asked if I could be discharged, as I suffered no trauma or serious injuries. He agreed, and then I received a call from Aaron, packed, and flew here to help." She said every word with an authority and clarity, and we all couldn't help but listen.

She was amazing and truly a wonder. "So, where are we?" She said, sitting down and surveying the file. "Ahh, so very clever." She continued, then headed over to the map.

She pinned the three drop sites on the map, then traced the lines in between them. "Triangle, see?" She didn't wait for us to respond before tracing another line from the bottom left point to the center of the line directly across from it. She did this with all three points before pinning the intersection.

"This point is the unsubs residence. In each of the places in the triangle left untouched, is a popular place in town, hence where the three victims were taken. The address is," She paused, closing her eyes.

"8675 Preverae Avenue. Go." She spoke, and we all left the station, hoping to get there before it's too late.

When we got there, Nicks went straight in. We were about to follow her, when we heard an unsteady voice. "Uh guys, there is a bomb. Five minutes left, and a poor girl strapped to it. I need you to stay out and don't call bomb squad. There isn't enough time. I can do this." With that, the door was shut.