Chapter 1 : The New Girl |EDITED|

Nicoletta's POV

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been different. I became a spectacle when people realized I always seemed to know the answer to everything. I became an outcast, I was ostracized. My mom used to call it my 'magic trick' because I couldn't tell anybody how I didn't, though if that was because even I wasn't sure, nobody needed to know that.

My mind is that of nothing nor nobody else in the entirety of the world.

A couple of months back, I was scouted by the FBI. They wanted me to join. So, I agreed, and they agreed to let me skip the actual schooling and such. However, for the past two months, I have been getting in physical shape and took my firearms exam.

Today was the first day of my third week at the FBI. The past two weeks they had placed me with two different units, this week making the third, to see where I would do best. This week, I was being placed with the BAU.

I began to get dressed, dressing to impress indeed. I slipped on a sleek, black pencil skirt, a white ruffle, short sleeve top, and added black heels with a white sole.

For my hair, I put it in a French twist and covered it in hairspray. In terms of makeup, I only applied some concealer to my under eyes, as well as a clear lipgloss.

I grabbed my keys, my go-bag, my purse, and my black full-length pea coat. As I walked through the house, shutting off every light, and making my way over to the door, I thought about things.

What if they hate me, if they think I'm trying to steal their jobs? But, I'm not. I'm only there for now, as a trial. If this unit decides they like me and want me to stay, they tell Strauss. Strauss then looks at the reports to see my performance, and from there chooses if I can stay.

So, I pushed these thoughts aside and put on my pea coat and aviators, walking out the door. I caught the elevator down to the ground floor, and continued past the service desk to the front door, smiling at the lady, "Have a nice vacation.", then hopped into my car.

Morgan's POV

I was sitting at my desk in the bullpen, utterly confused. In front of my desk, there was a new one, completely empty.

At some point during my empty staring, Reid showed up and joined my staring. "What exactly are we staring at." He asks, cocking his head to the side.

"I don't exactly know." Reid shrugs and sits at his desk, and as soon as he does, and the clock hits 5:30, on the dot, in walks a girl. She wasn't Em, JJ, Garcia, or Strauss, so who is she?

As she made her way across the bullpen, she must've noticed the shock evident on Reid and I's faces, and smiled a small smile, finger waved, then continued on, all the way to Hotch's office, and knocking.

From here I could hear the loud, and excited encounter that was Hotch and Rossi meeting Ms. Mystery.

"Oh my God, Nicoletta Jerone, it is such a pleasure to see you again! I'm so glad you could join us!" Rossi exclaimed, excited, which was abnormal for him already.

I looked over to Reid, only to see a look of utter shock and excitement all over his face. "Oh my God, how did I not notice! Derek, this girl is Nicoletta Jerone! She was a famous author at the age of eight! Eight!"

Jesus Christ, why is she here then!?

"Derek don't you see! She graduated at age nine, has five PhDs, and is a famous author. She has an IQ of 198 and can literally tell you almost everything about you, even stuff that only you should really know. She knows everything and anything that could happen as soon as she has info, and she is only twenty-three."

Sweet Jesus. As I was watching the encounters above, Reid continued to ramble on about how amazing she is.

Pretty Boy has a crush.

I smirked at the thought. Apparently, more time had passed than I thought as this Nicoletta character was sitting at the desk in front of me, already organized and ready to work.

When she noticed my attention was on her, she smiled, stood, removed her sunglasses and pea coat, then sat back down.

"Hello Agent Morgan, I can only assume by the looks evident on your face, you didn't know who I was, overheard my conversation with Dave and Aaron, and now know my name. Then this other lovely agent over here, told you not even half of what I can do, which I know as he is staring wide-eyed at me," she paused to turn and smile at Reid, "and now you don't know what to think." She finished with a smile, standing.

"Wha- how, how did," She cut me off and looked down at her wrist as if there were a watch there.

"It's easier to hear from up there than you'd think" she winked, "but I'm going to go see the conference room." She did her little wave again, got up, and moved to walk away.

I was about to shuffle through some things on my desk, when Reid abruptly stood up, reaching an arm out for Nicoletta.

"Wait, um, Doctor Jerone, I can, I can uh, show you around?" He offered, stuttering like crazy. I didn't think much of it, he's always like that around girls.

"Oh, sure, Doctor Reid. Also, you can call me Nicki," she smiled, offering her arm. He smiled at the act, it was probably a reference or something, hooking her arm with his, "shall we?"

"We shall." Reid replied, leading her away.

As soon as they were out of earshot, I laughed, clapping my hands. Bravo, pretty boy. Bravo. I admit that was relatively impressive.

Not even five minutes after they had gone off, JJ, Emily, and Penelope showed up, looking like they died and came back to life.

"Wow, ladies. Lookin' pretty rough there." I teased, smirking at their expenses. It was rather funny to see them all like this.

"Oh, shut up Morgan," Emily said, glaring at me. "why is there an extra desk? And where is Reid?"

"There's a new agent trialing with us for the week. As for Reid, I believe he went to show them around." Rossi said as he and Hotch walked down from the offices.

"Oh? Wait a second, is this new agent the one who got to skip all schooling apart from the physical and firearms?" Garcia asked, shrinking under 'the Hotch stare'. 

"Garcia, please don't tell me you've been snooping around in files?" He asked, his brows furrowing.

"No sir! I swear. There's just workplace gossip, I promise."

"That better be true Garcia, but, to answer your question, yes. That's the one," he paused, looking to Rossi, "and you're being warned now. Best behavior, this agent is held in high regards by many higher-ups, and is a very old friend of Dave and I's."

That doesn't make much sense. How could she be an old friend of Rossi and Hotch, Reid said she was only twenty-three.

"Wow, um, sure thing, Hotch," JJ started, "but, we do have a case, pretty bad one, too. If someone could get Spencer back here with the agent so we can start?"

"I sent him a text. We can head into the conference room. They'll be here soon." Hotch said, taking the initiative and leading us into the room.

By the time we sat down, we could hear laughter outside of the door. The door opened, revealing Spencer and Nicoletta, Spencer rambling off about some scientific theory. 

"Everyone, this is Nicoletta Jerone. She's The New Girl, but we will give her the same amount of respect as we give each other."