Chapter 8 : Caralyn

Time Skip 2 Months

Rossi's POV

It's been two months since the Canada case and the incident with Nicki's grandmother. Things, for the most part, have been normal. Besides the fact that not one of us, except for JJ, has heard from her.

Each day we ask JJ how she is, and how she's coping. But each day we get the same answer. "She's fine. Things are just a bit difficult for her right now."

But for the past few weeks, JJ has been getting more and more worried, I have even caught her mumbling to herself.

Nicki's POV

I've been working this case nonstop for two months. I've even gone undercover. My name is Samantha Goodwin.

I don't eat, sleep, or stop working. I'm undercover as a waitress, working all day. I don't walk home till night, waiting for the unsub to try and grab me.

Tonight was different though. As I was walking home, I heard a man's voice. "Caralyn! Caralyn is that you!" The unsub. He was taking girls who looked like his deceased wife.

"Those other girls were close, but you. You're her. You're my blessed Caralyn. Come on, let's go home." I screamed.

"I am not Caralyn! I am Samantha Goodwin!" I tried to run, but the next this I know, I'm on the ground and my vision began to fade.

While he left to presumably get his car, I mustered up the last of my strength and dialed 911.

"Hello, I am Nicoletta Jerone. I work for the BAU of the FBI in Quantico Virginia. Please alert Jennifer Jareau that Nicki needs help. Get them here as soon as possible." I began to lose consciousness.

"Please." As I began to fade out, the only noises were those of the panicked officers on the other end of the phone.

The last thing that I heard was, "Let's go home, Caralyn."

Time Skip To 2 AM

Hotch's POV

I was just on the brink of sleep, when my phone buzzed, with a phone call.

I picked up my phone, but I didn't have a chance to speak before JJ was yelling down the phone.

"Hotch! No time to explain. We have to get to the jet and go to Ohio! I've called all the others, I'll brief you all on the jet! Bye!"

It seemed urgent, so I dressed quickly and ran to my car, speeding to the airstrip.

When I got there, everyone else had already boarded. I grabbed my bag and hopped on the jet.

The sight before me worried me incredibly. "JJ, everyone is here now. So what's the important case?" Em asked.

JJ sighed and pulled up a picture of a phone, and next to it was an audio clip.

"Does anyone recognize this phone?" She asked as the jet took off. No one said anything. She nodded and hit play.

"Hello, I am Nicoletta Jerone. I work for the BAU of the FBI in Quantico Virginia. Please alert Jennifer Jareau that Nicki needs help. Get them here as soon as possible."

Everyone gasped. The line was silent for a few minutes, and the next word broke everyone's hearts.

"Please."

I was about to question JJ as to why Nicki wasn't in Florida, when she held up a hand.

"Nicki was never in Florida. That stuff did happen with her grandmother. But she was in Ohio on a case she told me she could handle alone. I know I was stupid but if I told you, you would have never even agreed to take the second case."

Nicki's POV

When I woke up, I was in a bed. I stood up and walked to the door. When I tried to open it, I discovered it to be locked.

I quickly let that thought slip to the back of my head as I walked to the vanity that was in the corner of the room.

Taped to the mirror was a note. I hastily removed the note, and began to read what this guy had desperately wanted me to know.

My Dearest Caralyn,
I've left the house for a few hours, just to pick up a few things. I'll be back shortly after you wake up. I've gone to get your favorite foods and pick out some lovely clothes for you. We've also gotta cut your hair back to your favorite style, you've let it grow out so long.
I Love You,
Xoxo Roger.

My hair!? No, I've spent so long growing my hair out, I can't lose it!

As I was dealing with my dilemma, I noticed a picture on the vanity top.

I examined the photo, and my mind stopped fighting my identity. I looked like an exact replica of her, and the man was Rodger.

Am I her? I am.

I am Caralyn.

As I made this realization, I agreed with Rodger that my hair had to go. I wanted my hair back!

Soon, my love unlocked the door. "Rodger, love?" I asked, turning around and smiling.

Upon hearing my words, Rodger smiled wide. "Oh, Caralyn my darling! You remember." He said, hugging me tightly. "Well, what do you say we get you looking like yourself again?"

I nodded and kissed him. He returned the gentle peck and sat me down at the vanity and grabbed a spray bottle and scissors.

He doused my head in the water, then began to cut it down, layering it and bringing it to my shoulders. He blow-dried my hair and rested his chin atop my head.

"There she is." He smiled, helping me off of the chair. "Now, here are some clothes that are more your style." He handed me a bag. Afterwards, he left to give me some privacy.

I pulled a white lace dress out of the bag, along with a brown leather belt. I slid the dress on and found some brown ankle boots in the closet.

I knocked on the door, assuming it was still locked. "The door's unlocked love. I only locked it in case you didn't remember, so I wouldn't lose you."

Well, I now understand why I was never truly happy before. I am Caralyn.