Chapter 5 : Welcome to the Team |EDITED|

Nicki's POV

As soon as we touched base, I ran out of the jet, hoping to make it to Strauss' office. I did, however, I didn't have time to grab my desk stuff before I did. I knocked on the door, going in when she acknowledged the sound.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am. I just wanted to make sure you were aware I touched base and am ready for the call of my reassignment."

"Perfect, I'm sure you did well like you always do, Doctor Jerone," she paused, humming, "but, I'm not so sure you'll be getting another reassignment. I'm almost certain the BAU is the place for you, Nicoletta."

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure, Ma'am. I'm not too positive about the team's opinions of me as a whole, and we both know Aaron won't make a decision unless the majority of them agree with it."

She nodded, Erin knows that as well as I do. Aaron was a team player, he always has been. He would never want to do anything against his team.

Hotch's POV

As soon as we landed and made it back into the bullpen of the BAU, Nicki took the chance to make a run for it, making it out of the room. I don't know for sure where she went, but I'm assuming to Strauss. Soon enough, she returned, trying to pack up her desk. 

I didn't allow her to continue, gently grabbing her by the arm and sitting her down in a chair a few feet away from her desk.

Everyone watched her carefully as she sighed, and shoved her head in her hands. "Where is my coffee?" She asked, voice quiet as if she didn't already know.

When no one answered, she became more and more frantic, freaking out more and more over her coffee mug.

"I said, where is my coffee? I need it! Aaron, where is it? What did you do with my coffee?"

We looked at each other, concerned. I shot a concerned glance at Dave, before nodding at Spencer. He gave it to her, and she immediately calmed down.

"Now can someone please explain to me why I am currently trapped in a chair and not on my way home? I did my job, I got lucky okay? Maybe I ran because I could have totally died if I didn't guess correctly in that house! So, I'm sorry I needed time to recuperate. But you can't force me to stay here longer than I want to! This is kidnapping!" She exclaimed, unable to get up as Morgan was now applying just enough pressure to her shoulders to keep her seated on the chair.

"Let me handle this, guys." Rossi spoke under his breath, then walked over to her. He gained her attention, then whispered something in her ear, gesturing to his office. Shortly after the two made the short walk over to his office. Rossi gently pushed her into the office, cast us a look, then shut the door behind him.

Normally, I'd be concerned. But Dave and I both knew everything about Nicki, and I fear this is some foreshadowing of something bad.

Rossi's POV

"My dear girl, what's wrong? Why are you so hesitant to join this team?" I inquire, as I know this gift of hers could save the world.

"I have already explained this, Dave. I simply cannot come in here and take everyone's jobs. It simply isn't fair to all of you!" She began to pace, whispering stuff to herself.

"Alright. Now, care to tell me the real reason?" I asked, a smirk on my face. She looked up to me, eyes wide and conceding.

"Ugh! Why do you have to know me so well, Dave?" She questioned, a hand rubbing her forehead.

"It's a gift." I shrugged, my smirk ever-present.

"Listen. I'm afraid. I can feel things, Dave, you know that. I feel like something bad is going to happen, and I don't know what, and I don't know when, and I don't know why. And that scares me. I couldn't live with myself if I put any one of you in danger." She ranted, finally letting me in.