Chapter 12 : Remember?

Nicki's POV

I sat in my hospital bed, hoping to avoid the topic of Rodger and Caralyn, well me, I suppose. Of course, if they were to ask, I would be upfront. I won't lie to these guys, they are my family.

"Really, Nicki. You are truly something." Aaron said laughing, yet he stopped short. "Uh, you are Nicki, right?" He asked, frowning.

I sighed and shook my head sighing and smiling softly. "Yes, Aaron. I am indeed Nicki." I spoke, getting out of bed, stretching my legs.

As soon as the words left my chapped lips, smiles erupted everywhere, and they all rushed to hug me. It was then that I realized that Reid and Garcia were nowhere to be found. My small smile slowly slipped back into my normal frown.

However, no one noticed. No one ever really did, as I hide things well. I don't blame them, as its really my fault.

"Hey, guys I hope you don't mind, but I'm really very tired. So, if you don't mind leaving for the night, I would really appreciate it." I spoke, desperately trying to keep my voice normal.

"Yeah of course. We understand. We'll see you tomorrow, Nicki. Good night." JJ answered, and they all made their way out.

As soon as I knew they had left, I called in my doctor. "What can I do for you Miss Jerone?" He asked, smiling softly.

"Hi, yes. I was wondering if you could discharge me? I suffer no injuries and it was just a minor stress induced coma." I inquired, really wanting to go home so I can just cry.

He was silent for a moment, obviously mulling over the idea in his head, but then he nodded his head.

"I don't see why not. I mean, you didn't suffer through any trauma, no injuries. Yeah, you're all set to go if you'd like." He said, handing me a paper to sign for my discharge.

As I was left handed, I noticed the ring that was still elegantly placed on my ring finger. Rodger loved Caralyn deeply.

I signed the paper, handed back to the doctor, and he was gone. I went into the bathroom and got dressed.

It was the dress from that night. I began to think. I don't think it would hurt if I pretended to be Caralyn whilst he was in prison. He'd be doing life.

I'll be Caralyn every night, day, afternoon I'm free and I'll head to the prison to visit Rodger.

I soon headed home. When I reached my destination, I walked into the bathroom. I freshened up and redressed myself to look especially like Caralyn.

I let a few tears fall during the process. I knew what I was doing would make Rodger happy, and I was happy because of that. But this whole situation would add a whole lot more stress on me than my job already does.

But, that's all in a days work for Nicoletta "Caralyn" Jerone.

Reid's POV

When I woke up, it was the least expected sight. Garcia was removing all pills from my bathroom, and making them all out of my reach.

"Hey boy genius. Funny seeing you up, as you haven't been up all week, and because of that, we both missed Nicki's waking up." She spoke without turning to me.

Her sentence making me feel even more incredibly guilty than I have been feeling all week before I took the pills each time.

"Oh my god, is she okay? Does she Remember? Tell me she Remembers!" I shouted out at her, only to have her turn and smile at me.

"She remembers Reid. She remembers who she is and what happened, and she's back to herself again. She holds no injuries and is set to return to work in the morning." She told me, a big smile never leaving her face.

My face just about split in two at the news, and I was jumping to get my things, I needed to see her.

"Whoa whoa. Slow down Spencer! She asked the team to leave, she was tired apparently." Garcia told me, making me sadly sit back on the couch and pout.

She giggled and clasped a hand on my shoulder. "Relax. You'll be the first person she wants to see tomorrow morning, watch." Garcia said, a smirk plastered on her face.

I nodded, then sat back into the sofa. "I guess I can live with that." I then over dramatically flopped onto my back.

Penelope began to laugh, then she ruffled my hair. "Cmon. You need some real sleep, it'll be good for your body and you'll get back on track. The sooner you sleep, the sooner you can see Nicki." She spoke in a stern, yet soft tone. I knew she was serious, so I nodded and went to lay down in bed.

I fell asleep easily and at ease, knowing that at least the girl I love knows who she really is.

Garcia's POV

As soon as I was sure Reid was in bed, I pulled out my phone and called Derek.

He picked up almost instantly and I could here the worry in his voice. "How's Reid?" Was all he said, but it gave away all his emotions.

"Don't worry Morgan. He's woken up, but I sent him to his room to sleep without a pill to reset his sleep schedule." I told him, speaking quietly so Spencer could sleep peacefully.

"Okay that's good. Does he know about Nicki?"

"No Derek. Cause I wouldn't tell the kid who has a crush on a recently comatose girl that she woke up. Of course he knows! He wanted to go see her, but I ensured him she was alright, and would be in work tomorrow morning. Now, I'm going home. I wrote a note and packed all of the sleeping pills into my bag. See you tomorrow." I said, then hung up.

I placed my note where I knew he'd see it. Right on the bookshelf. I then grabbed my phone and called a cab to take me home.

Within a half an hour I was home.

Nicki's POV

As I drove to the state prison, which I knew Rodger was in cause I had been out for a little over a week, I smiled the entire way.

I had my plan of action, I had already discussed it with the guards. They thought it was brilliant and too thought it as best to not alert my team of my visits.

My visits would not be logged, and I would be escorted in secretly as to avoid cameras incase the security footage was ever needed.

The cell block warden was to meet me outside to guide me to meet Rodger. I pulled behind the prison after my long drive, and met the warden.

"Caralyn Summers. Right this way." She led me through a complex system of corridors until we eventually entered a room.

"Summers will be in shortly. Remember the rules we discussed, just no intimate contact other than hand holding. He was also given these rules." She spoke before leaving to assumably collect Rodger.

As I was completely getting into character, my phone rang. Without checking the ID, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Nicki, I know you said you were tired, but we have a case. I just wanted to let you know that we won't be able to see you for a while." It was Hotch. I smiled at his worries.

"No worries. See you when you get back, bye." With that, I hung up and shut my phone off.

Soon enough, Rodger was sat in front of me, an ecstatic smile on his face.

"My love, you've come to see me. Please tell me you forgive me for all I've done." He spoke, his voice getting sadder by each word spoken.