A Way To Start The Year

On the train to Hogwarts, I sat with Ginny whom I promised Mrs. Weasley I would show around Hogwarts since it was her first year, me, Harry, and the Weasleys were almost late and in a hurry to Platform 9 3/4. I hoped Harry and Ron were behind me. I saw Ginny write in a diary, it was blue with gold corners.

"When did you start keeping a diary?"

"Since we left Flourish and Blotts, the diary appeared in my cauldron mysteriously, like it fell off it's shelf."

"Doesn't that count as stealing?"

"No Tina, because I didn't know I had it until we got back. The coolest part about it is the diary is magically replying back."

"Woah, that is cool. Well, anything magical can be found in Diagon Alley."

I noticed some print on the back of the diary.

"Ginny, what does that say on the back?"

She flipped the diary to the name.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle."

My eyes widened.

"Oh my Merlin, that's my father, I never knew him!"

"He won't recognize you, he's sixteen, he says he's a memory preserved in the diary for fifty years."

"Tell him he has a daughter from the future."

"I'm afraid to."

"How come?"

"It'll be awkward, he's only sixteen."

"He knows he's been in the diary for fifty years, he knows time passed and his older self has a kid. How bad can it be?"

"I'll tell him you want to talk to him."

She wrote in the diary.

"What's your blood status?" She asked.

"Halfblood just like him."

She wrote again.

"You didn't tell him I'm his!"

"Tell him yourself, he wants to talk to you."

She gave me the diary, I got out my quil and ink, and started writing.

"Hello."

The ink disappeared, then new handwriting appeared.

"What's your name?"

"Christina Riddle."

"How did you know I was halfblood, how do you know me?"

"I'm your daughter from fifty years in the future, hence the same last name, I'm on the train with Ginny to help her get settled in her first year, I am a second year Slytherin."

"That's very kind of you, but I'm afraid I don't know who you are. I never pictured myself with a woman, especially in the future."

"My mother's Talitha Black, pureblood Slytherin, she died after giving birth to me."

"A Black huh?"

A few seconds passed before he replied.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. Since I'm a memory and fifty years passed, am I taking care of you?"

"No, I never knew you until I found out I was accepted into Hogwarts by Dumbledore."

"Then, where did you grow up?"

"An orphanage, I stayed with Ginny and her family over the summer, snuck out of the old place."

"I'm an orphan as well, been in an orphanage since I was born, but I would never think to sneak out."