The Quick And The Dead

I didn't sleep the night when I saw the bloody message. At breakfast, I thought about
coffee, twelve is old enough to start, I see Mrs. Cole drink it when she's not drinking alcohol. It's supposed to wake you up. I transfigured my water into coffee with cream and sugar, I took a sip, I never tasted anything so strong, made me wanna sip more.

"Your water looks different," Draco said.

"Smells different too," Daphne said.

"I turned it into coffee," I replied.

"Of course it's a Muggle drink," Draco said.

"All of you are drinking water, it's more Muggle than Muggle can get."

"Water is everywhere Riddle, the lake, the bathrooms, anywhere."

"I know dear cousin, I'm not stupid."

After I took a couple more sips of coffee, Draco spoke.

"I'm trying out for the Slytherin Quidditch team this afternoon. You can try out with me if you want."

"I'm not a sports girl, but I guess I can come support you whether or not you make it, you're family after all."

"Thanks," he whispered.

I saw Ginny walk slowly to me.

"What're you doing here Weasley?" Draco asked rudely.

"Don't make me slap you Draco. Hi Ginny, what can I do for you?"

She bent down to whisper.

"The diary."

She slipped Dad's diary to me under the table.

"He wants to talk?" I whispered.

She nodded and left.

"What was that all about?"

"None of your business, just girl talk."

He rolled his eyes.

I felt less tired after my coffee. When noon break came, it was time for tryouts. I followed Draco to the Quidditch pitch. Marcus Flint, the troll toothed sixth year captain noticed us.

"Trying out Malfoy?"

"Yeah, Seeker!"

"Trying out too Riddle?"

"No, just here to support my cousin."

"Then go to the Slytherin booths up there."

I started heading there.

"I persuaded her to but she refuses, sports isn't her cup of tea," Draco said.

"She would be good, she's quite powerful for her age."

The voices trailed off, I went to the booths and watched Draco fly. At the end, Draco was picked to be the Seeker, that means he will be against Harry in the games, you'd think he's against Harry enough already. I ran back down to Draco and hugged him.

"Congratulations Draco, you made the team! I'm so proud of you!"

He hugged me back, no hesitation, I never seen him so happy.

"You should've joined, you make a great Chaser or a Beater."

"I said no Draco, I'm thinking of signing up for Music next year, maybe joining the Frog Choir."

"I didn't know you were into music."

"Got a radio for Christmas last year, loved listening to music ever since. On the train, Gemma and other prefects heard me singing, I guess I accidentally disturbed their meeting. She recommended signing up for Music and Frog Choir since she thought I sang well."