End Of Year Two

Ginny gave me the diary back by the end of May. She said I could have it for the rest of the year which is in less than a month. It was a weekend afternoon, I took a break from a long time of studying for final exams by writing in the diary to Dad.

"Hi Daddy, taking a break from studying for exams, less than a month until the end of the year."

"That's just fine, take a breather, you deserve it."

"I do Daddy, I studied from after breakfast until now, two or three hours."

"You get some rest sweetheart."

Then, I suddenly started getting sleepy.

"Daddy, are you using a sleeping spell?"

"Of course, I don't want my daughter to overwhelm herself in order to pass-"

I fell asleep.

I woke up laying in Daddy's arms in an unfamiliar place.

"Daddy?"

"Yes Christina?"

"Where are we and how long have I been asleep?"

"You have been asleep for about three or four hours, longer than I intended for you to sleep but at least it's a weekend, you really earned this break. You worked harder since I asked you to stop getting into trouble, I am very proud. Before we discuss any further, get up, take in your surroundings."

The last sentence sounded more like a command a villian would give his henchmen. I got up and looked around. It looked like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles setting, I looked down a corridor with snake head statues, at the end of the corridor was a ladder leading up to a manhole.

"Turn back around Christina. Isn't this the most beautiful place you've ever been in?"

I turned around.

"If you're Salazar Slytherin-"

Speaking of Salazar Slytherin, at the opposite end of the place was a large statue of a man with a long beard.

"Do you know who that statue is?"

"Santa Claus?"

He pointed at the statue.

"No you silly girl, that man is our beloved ancestor, Salazar Slytherin! Didn't you see the painting in the Slytherin common room of him!? The statue and the painting look quite similar don't you think?"

"Daddy...are you telling me this is the Chamber of Secrets?

"This is the Chamber of Secrets my sweet little Christina. You're wondering what we're doing here?"

"Why, there's a monster in here, we could get killed?"

"It won't come until it's called darling."

It was at that moment I knew why we were here.

"You're the heir of Slytherin?"

He nodded.

"You caught on quicker than I thought Christina."

"You killed Moaning Myrtle, you framed Hagrid, you opened it, even now through the diary! I swear if you harmed Ginny even once-"

"I wouldn't harm that sweet and innocent girl, but most of all, I would never harm you. I never harmed her when I put her in a trance and made her write those messages and petrify all the Mudbloods and that cat. Another reason you're so special is because if I'm gone, you will be the one to finish what I started."

"Starting what Dad!?"

"What Slytherin himself started hundreds of years ago, the reason he built the Chamber of Secrets in the first place, he thought that-"