Chapter 33

Caroline never imagined that she would be standing in front of Faith's mother but just with a feeling of disgust and disappointment. She felt awful of how badly Faith's mother had gone about this situation. Caroline would have never agreed to this. Faith wouldn't have and neither would have Mr. Lightwood. Caroline thought deep within herself and she thought that Faith's mother might not realise that she might have ruined the relationship between her husband and daughter. 

Instead of keeping them safe, she kept them at distance and away from her. What way of living would it be if her own daughter and husband were not even interested in speaking to her after finding out the truth? And Magnus? Caroline couldn't even look at him now. He was right. She would be annoyed and angry at him. 

She expected better from him. Especially since she knew how much it meant to Faith to bring her parents back together. She had always blamed herself for tearing her parents apart from each other. At times she had wished never to be born so her parents would have at least have each other. She blamed herself for the depression her father had due to the loss of her mother but if she finds out that this was all staged and planned by her mother, she would potentially never forgive her. 

Caroline wouldn't. 

"You look astonished." Clary said as she looked at the girl that was her daughter's best friend. Caroline opened her mouth to say something but she closed it again. With hatred in her eyes, she looked at Magnus. There was so much said by her body language. Magnus knew that Caroline wouldn't forgive him for this.

"I am disgusted more than astonished, Mrs. Lightwood." Caroline snapped back at Clary. "You can give me all the excuses you want but you put both your daughter and husband through hell and misery." 

"Carolin-" "I wasn't finished yet and why are you even speaking? I will come at you." Caroline said in a sharp tone as she looked at Magnus's direction when she heard him call for her. 

"You don't realise how much Faith and her father have suffered. The pain you inflicted upon them is more than what I or you can imagine or describe. Faith always blamed herself. There were times she wished she had died on the day when Azazel came for her." Clary's eyes watered as she heard the words come out of Caroline's mouth.

She knew that it would be bad if she suddenly had came back. She knew no one would truly try to understand her. Maybe that was he reason to stay away for so long and probably would have stayed away forever if Faith wasn't put in so much danger. Thinking about in depth, she realised how wrong and manipulative it sounded. 

"Faith wished she was dead because of you! You made her feel like that!" Caroline shouted with anger and felt the tears burning in her eyes. "I-I didn't mean to..." Clary stuttered in a low voice as she looked down.

Magnus yanked Caroline's arm so she would look at him. He was angry. Clary didn't deserve to be treated like that. She made so many sacrifices herself and only he knew what she was put through. She had no one other than just Magnus for so many years.

"Do you really think she didn't wanted to hold Faith when she was crying out for her? Do you really think she wanted to miss her first steps, her first words and her first time going to school?" Magnus asked in an angry voice as he slightly pushed Caroline backwards. 

"Get the hell out of my house." He said. Caroline clenched her jaws together while the tears streamed down her cheeks. "With pleasure." She replied bitterly before taking her seraph blade and walked out of his apartment.

Magnus sighed out sharply while Clary reached out for his shoulder. "You shouldn't have done that." She said softly as she wiped away her tears. "I understand her frustration and anger. It just shows how much she cares about Faith. I am glad that she has someone like Caroline in her life." She said with a smile.

It made her smile because in so many ways Magnus meant that much to her how much Faith meant to Caroline and having that unconditional love and support for someone was more than a blessing from the angels. It happened rarely when someone wanted the best for you.

"It is wrong for her to treat you that way." Magnus replied as he poured some wine in a glass for him and her. Clary shrugged her shoulders. "Just as how wrong it was from me to treat Faith and Alec like that..." She said. 

Magnus looked at Clary and could see her breaking apart all over again. "And I regret it so much." She sighed out and felt sharp pain go through her chest as she felt the pain of Faith being dead. She cried and shook her head while Magnus pulled her in for a hug.

"I made my own baby feel like that... My little girl..." She sobbed as Magnus tried to calm her down. Clary cried loudly while she imagined how badly Alec and Faith must have felt while she was gone. She wished she had never made that decision of being away because it ruined all of them.

"I wanted to be a good mother and take care of her... I just wanted to protect her and Alec..." She cried a bit louder. She sniffed and walked a few steps back while Magnus let go of her and looked at her with pain in his eyes. 

"You just wanted to protect your family... I am sure one day they will understand what your intentions were. You didn't wanted to hurt them." Magnus said and hoped that it would make her feel a bit better. Clary shook her head while she looked at him.

"I have hurt them so much and with them seeing me again and releasing that it could have been all avoided, it will hurt them again." She said in a hoarse voice. Her eyes were slightly red from the crying and her eyes were a bit swollen.

It surely wasn't the first time that Magnus saw Clary crying but it always hurt him more than anything. He rather be kicked around by someone or be hurt than seeing the girl that was almost like a daughter to him be in so much pain.

"Magnus, I think I fo-" Blake's voice stopped in between when he saw a woman with red hair stand next to Magnus. His eyes were widened as the confusion was read off his face. He squinted his eyes a bit as he looked at the woman thoroughly.

The woman most shadow hunters looked up too.

Clarissa Adele Lightwood. 

"Mrs. Lightwood?" He asked confused and just waited for her to confirm. Clary looked at the boy she didn't know much off. Magnus just told her that there was something going on between him and Faith but he never confirmed it to her.

Clary just nodded her head and prepared herself for someone else to have a go at her but instead of that Blake looked up back to Magnus.

"I think I know where Lilith has Faith." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! How have you been doing? I moved into a new home and finished my first year of nursing! Wohoo! Second year is soon. I am just working and have the flexibility to work on my stories. I must say that Psychotic 2 is almost towards an end :(...

After this I will only focus on one of my stories put on Wattpad and slowly write more stories but once they are ready to be put online, I will do that. 

Do you guys want any other shadow hunter fan fictions or fan fictions of cast members?

xx

Maira.