Chapter 7

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? I hope that everyone is keeping themselves safe but also entertained! Thank you so much for 300 readers on Psychotic. It insane how fast we are growing on here already! Enjoy another chapter!
________________________________

Alec felt the worry overwhelming him when he saw Faith losing her consciousness. It was as if the air was sucked away from his lungs. Faith was the only reason why Alec fought through his guilt and pain. A reason why he felt he was worthy to live.

"Isabelle!" He shouted in fear, hoping that she might have some good news. He held onto Faith's almost blueish hands.

"Hey, wake up." Alec said softly as he looked desperately at his daughter. Faith's mouth was a little bit open and she was barely breathing.

Alec didn't understand how the demon got in the house but most of all how it hurt her. Faith was known to destroy any kind of demon with one touch...

"Alec? Magnus is on his way." Isabelle said quickly as soon as she stormed inside of the room. She gasped when she saw her niece unconscious on the couch.

"Faith." She gasped loudly when she realised that she could lose her life. Alec looked at his little sister with desperate in his eyes.

"He needs to hurry up." Alec said and he could feel himself becoming angry at Magnus. Not that it was his fault. He was just too scared to lose her. He was scared that even one second could tear her away from him.

"I am here." Magnus said quickly as he portalled himself in Alec's office. He looked over at Alec and could see the fear on his face.

Magnus hadn't seen Alec like this since the night Clary disappeared and never came back. His eyes travelled to the unconscious Faith.

"What happened to her?" He asked quickly as he rushed towards her. He held onto her hand, hoping he could feel her energy but he didn't feel anything which made him fear that she wouldn't make it.

"A demon attacked her. The venom is in her body." Alec said as Magnus's back was focused on him. Magnus was too busy to even turn around one second.

He held his hands up Faith's body and closed his eyes so he could try making any type of connection to her body to find out what was going on. Magnus felt a strong mystical energy that was familiar to him. It was Faith.

He could feel the resistance as if she was fighting something which he knew was the demon venom. To his surprise, Faith couldn't fight it. The demon venom was spreading in her body too quickly for her to even gather her strength back.

Magnus sighed as he turned away from Faith and looked at Alec and Izzy. Alec could see from Magnus facial expressions that whatever he just felt wasn't good. Faith could possibly not make it... The venom...

"What is going on?" Alec asked but he already knew deep inside his heart what Magnus was about to tell him. Magnus looked at Alec.

"I am surprised that Faith can't fight the venom. She is stronger than anyone of you here but somehow. The demon venom is spreading so quick that she isn't able too." Magnus said as he looked at Alec who was deadly worried about his daughter.

"It is draining her off her energy and if we don't find something, she could die within a few hours." Magnus said and heard Izzy gasp.

"Then tell me what I have to do?!" Alec shouted. He was frustrated, worried and afraid that he was going to lose her.

"You stay here with her. I will try and stop the venom from spreading so quickly so it can by us some time." Magnus said as he looked at him, ignoring his outburst.

He knew that Faith was the only person and reason left for him to live. If it wasn't for her, he was afraid that Alec would have probably taken his own life. He couldn't bare to think to have a life without Clary. He loved her too much for him to live without her.

"Izzy and I will go to France. I have some friends there that have the herbs we need." Magnus said as he looked at Alec.

Alec opened his mouth to say something but he didn't know what to say. He was afraid and he was helpless. He couldn't do anything about it.

"It will be fine, Alec. She will be fine. I can feel her energy and she is fighting. Even if she doesn't know it herself." Magnus said and Alec smiled.

Somehow, it made him feel a bit relieved that Faith was able to fight against the venom.

"Please be quick." Alec said and he sounded like he was begging Magnus. Faith's life was literally in his hands...

"I will. I won't let anything happen to her." Magnus said and Alec smiled. He nodded as he looked at Izzy.

"Be careful. Both of you. Lilith is reaching out which means that she knows that this demon somehow almost kills Faith." Alec said and he was serious. Lilith was getting to close now.

"We will." Izzy said with a smile. She gave her brother a hug before she disappeared together with Magnus from a portal to France.

Alec sighed and turned himself around to his unconscious daughter who was laying down on a crusty couch. He walked towards her and held her hands.

"You will be fine..." He said softly as if he was trying to convince himself but also her. He hoped that he could hear her so she wouldn't feel alone or scared.

He wished that it was him instead of her. At least something good would have came out of his miserable and damned life. He at least did something that could prevent his loved ones from being hurt or killed.

"Just fight a little longer..." Alec said again softly. He sighed and thought of how this demon had a negative impact on Faith.

He had never seen a demon venom unravel so quickly in a shadowhunter's body. It was known that it could be deadly to them but knowing that it takes its time to spread, it made Alec worried.

This meant that Lilith was trying to find a way to kill Faith. He didn't know what she did to have a demon that could be so deadly to Shadowhunters. If it could kill Faith within hours, it meant that it would kill another normal shadowhunter instantly.

Whatever Lilith was doing, it wasn't good and all of us had to be prepared because she was coming for all of them and something in Alec said that, she would be coming for Faith first.