Chapter 23

Blake woke up after the night of them being at the forest, hunting for demons. A smile creeped around his lips when he remembered that Faith and her had kissed. He scratched the back of his neck as he chuckled and stood up from his bed. He looked up, not realising that Harrison stayed the night with him.

Harry looked dumbfounded at the happy expression of Blake and totally forgot what he was doing. Through, his bond he could that Blake was happy but he had no idea why. It was weird to feel that tingly feeling of happiness coming from Blake's side but he was more than glad that he was finally finding his own reasons to smile.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Harry asked confused but yet scared. Blake furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not understanding what his parabatai was telling him.

"Like what?" He asked confused as he walked towards the bathroom to freshen himself up. Harry still looked at him as if he had seen a ghost.

"It's scaring me, honestly." Harrison said in a serious tone and walked closer towards his parabatai. He flattened his hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

"What the-" "LET ME CHECK IF YOU ARE OKAY!" Harry practically shouted in Blake's face. Blake lifted his right eyebrow up and looked annoyed at his best friend.

"I will fucking kill you if your hand is not off my forehead within a second." Blake said in a cold tone and Harry immediately backed away as he sighed out relieved.

"Okay. You are not possessed by anyone." Harry said with a smile and Blake just shook his head annoyed. The sweet memory of Faith had already faded away from his mind by his idiotic friend.

"I am not fully awake to deal with this right now." Blake said and before Harry could say anything, he walked inside the bathroom and locked himself up so Harry wouldn't get inside.

"This bastard." Harry mumbled underneath his breath when he heard the bathroom getting locked. He rolled his eyes and turned himself away from the door.

"It was definitely Faith." Harry said with a mischievous smile around his lips.

"Dad, please." Faith begged as Alec again denied her from getting to school. He shook his head as he went and sat behind his desk.

"No, Faith." He said in a stern voice which made her exhale sharply. She was so frustrated. She wanted to get out of the institute but mostly wanted to see Blake.

He was going to be at the academy today.

"Dad-" "I said no!" Alec shouted, making Faith flinch slightly by his sudden raised voice. Her eyes were slightly widened as she looked at her father which Alec didn't seem to notice at all.

"Am I supposed to stay behind at the academy because you are too afraid to lose me?" Faith asked annoyed. Her anger was getting the worst out of her. She would never talk like this to her father. He simply meant too much for her to do that to him.

Alec looked up as he heard his daughter saying the words she did. He clenched his jaw as he stood up from his desk and walked towards the tiny figure of his daughter.

"It is for your own safety, Faith. You know why I am doing this." Alec said in disbelief as if he was arguing with someone who was the same age as him.

Faith shook her head and sighed out. "You are just keeping me in a prison. If Lilith wanted, she would get inside the institute. Like Azazel did with you. This for your own peace of mind." She said harshly and Alec raised his hand to slap her when Izzy called out his name.

"Don't you dare." Izzy said throughout her gritted teeth. She was walking past Alec's office when she heard the argument between him and Faith.

Faith stepped a few steps backwards as she still looked shocked at her father. Alec who finally came to his senses, lowered his hand and looked at her with a apologetic expression.