Chapter 29

"So how are we going to help my mother?" Faith asked as she pulled out of the hug. She looked Magnus in the eyes as she wiped away her tears. Magnus looked at her sceptical for a second. He wasn't sure about telling her. The last thing he wanted her to do was cutting everyone off and putting that kind of responsibility on herself.

Magically, she could put herself at risk.

"You need to promise me that you won't do anything without us. Without me." Magnus said. Faith sighed as she nodded her head. She knew that she couldn't come out of this. "I promise." She said without really wanting too. Magnus smiled in relief and then looked down at the page again.

"The angels didn't kill her but put her in a dimension for highly criminals that needed a severe punishment then only being judged by the clave or being executed." He said and all his attention was on the book. There were many thoughts wandering around in Faith's mind as she was hearing the explanation. 

Her mother wasn't a criminal. If she hadn't done what she did, everyone would have been suffering now.

She couldn't understand how unreasonable the angels were with her. It was unfair. It didn't make sense at all. Her mother was innocent and punished for something she shouldn't be. 

"This dimension was created a hundred years ago. It was a secret and the angels didn't openly speak about until Raziel mentioned it but it is mostly forgotten by Shadowhunters and it is taken as a myth. I am sure your mother is stuck there too." His voice sounded so sure of what he was saying.

Her eyes caught this antic saying in Latin that she couldn't understand. "What does this mean?" She asked as she touched the sentence. Magnus's eyes lowered down to what Faith was pointing at and he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"proven dum miser innocentes." He said in a slow pace. He was confused to what this could mean. The angels always mentioned something but with a hidden meaning behind it. Faith looked up at him and waited for him to say something.

"It means miserable until proven innocent." He breathed out. Everything that was going in his mind was that Clary could have been punished even worse all the time and he didn't even wanted to imagine how painful this could have been. 

"The angels work in mysterious ways but this just sounds too wicked." Magnus said in shock. "They are ancient... They are good. This goes against everything they believe in." His eyes widened as soon as he realised what could have happened and shivers were sent down his spine as he was imagining who could have been involved in this.

"What's wrong?" Faith asked afraid as she could see the terror look in his eyes. He shook his head, not wanting to share what he was thinking off. There was a possibility but it was hard. His own heart didn't wanted to believe it when his mind told him that the power of magic could go beyond his explanation or understanding. 

"Tell me." Faith commanded. Her voice of tone wasn't as sweet as it used to be. It sounded more harsh and annoyed. It was something Magnus always hated to hear from her. He was used to her being a girl that was way too sweet then she should be.

But that made her what she was as a person.

"I don't think the angels have to do something with this..." He sighed out. His head was hurting by the constant theories that was going around his mind. He didn't know what to expect or to do when he would go to the other dimension to save Clary. 

"What?" Faith blurted out confused. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she remained focusing at the way Magnus was carrying himself.

"I think this is Lilith's do-" A sudden and massive explosion made both Magnus, and Faith fall down. The room was bursted open as the fog that was created by the impact covering their sight. Faith was breathing heavily as the alarm went off in the institute. 

"Magnus!" Faith shouted. She tried seeing through the thick layer of greyness but she couldn't. Her lungs were overstimulated by the toxic air and she felt like she could collapse anytime. She quickly took her seraph blade out to give herself more light to see but also to attack anyone that would come in her way.

She waited a few minutes for Magnus to reply back but when he didn't say anything, she started to feel more worried. She gasped softly when she saw him laying down unconscious. "Magnus!" Faith shouted out in horror. Seeing him in a position like that broke her heart but mostly terrified her. 

Blake's eyes darted up as soon as the alarm went off. His eyes met with Caroline's and both of them knew that something was off. They didn't waste time to run out of the room to only find Harry almost being thrown against the wall by a black like creature. Something neither Blake nor Caroline had ever seen.

Blake took his seraph blade out and attacked the demon that was running up to them but all his efforts were in vain when it suddenly disappeared. "What the fuck?" Blake cursed as Caroline looked at Harry who needed help. 

"Are you okay?" She asked as she helped him standing up. He just nodded his head before looking at Blake. "I think they are here for Faith." Harry whispered in a low breath. Blake didn't waste a second and ran away from where he was, trying to search where Faith was. 

"Faith!" Blake shouted as many shadow hunters just ran around, trying to prevent the demon attack while he was overly worried about what this could mean. Nothing like this had happened since the incident with her parents. 

This was the work of a greater demon.

He was breathing heavily as he looked around him to see where she was. He blinked a few times when he realised that Magnus was doing some work at library. She could be there. Without hesitating too much, he made his way hurriedly towards the library.

He stopped at the entrance as soon as he saw the fire smoke coming out of the room and he knew that this was something overly bad than anyone would or could think of. He stepped inside while holding his seraph blade up. 

"Faith?" He asked carefully. He was totally blinded by the fog. It was so thick and dark that he wasn't able to see anything, not even with the light that his seraph blade made. Something grabbed onto his feet and when he tried to yank it away, he realised that it was Magnus.

"Magnus." He quickly said as he lowered himself down. He looked at him and shook his head. He looked on the verge of breaking down. "What happened?" Blake asked. The agony and fear was clearly heard from his voice while he spoke.

He had never seen Magnus so shaken up. He was trembling while looking at Blake. He had never felt this embarrassed his entire life. Lilith had just took control of him and he couldn't even do something. He couldn't help Faith. 

"Where is Faith, Magnus. Talk to me." Blake commanded as he looked at him. He was desperate to know that Faith was okay. Some tears streamed down Magnus's cheeks as he looked at Blake.

"Lilith got her..."

________________________________
My angels!

How are you all doing?

I hope that all of you are doing great! Christmas is soon!

Sorry for the late update :(

I am really trying but University is getting a bit too overwhelming... 

lov u all!!