Chapter 38

Blake sighed as he watched the demons overflow the city and there was still no sign of Faith. He didn't even care anymore about the demons. What frightened him more was that Faith was nowhere to be found. She was the source of everything and if she was stopped than everything would have been over automatically.

Clary closed her eyes, trying to think what they did during the time Alec was under the influence of Azazel. What they did to find him. Everyone already knew how they got through to him which was Faith herself.

"Azazel was hiding right underneath our eyes." Clary said. Alec looked up at her. He still hadn't really accepted her for what she did and not welcomed her the way he would have but he couldn't help to still fall in love with her every time he looked at her.

"Lilith must be doing the same. We need to think smarter... What if she hid in the same place as Azazel did? She knows it would be the last place we would look at. She would take advantage of the fact that most people don't use the same location twice." She said.

"Caroline, can you look at the demonic levels for me? I am going to check there." Clary said and was ready to leave.

"What? On your own?" Alec asked a bit concerned. Clary looked up at him, looking deep into his eyes and she nodded her head while giving him a warm smile.

"If I am wrong, you probably would have found another way to reach Faith. It would cost us time and we don't have that... The longer she is with her, the longer it will take to get her back." Her eyes started to tear. She was broken but she still fought.

"I am coming with you, Mrs Lightwood." Caroline said. "If she is there, we can sent out a fire message. It is too dangerous to go alone." She finished her sentence. Clary nodded her head.

Alec's heart didn't feel at rest. For some reason he felt like she was saying goodbye all over again and it made him anxious more than anything in this world. "I will meet you again." She smiled, knowing already what was going on in his mind.

"I won't let you down this time." Alec shook his head and pulled Clary into a hug and held her tightly. "You never did." He replied back and finally let himself do what he wanted to do for such a long time.

He let her go and gave her a soft kiss on her right cheek that was already flushed red. Her skin was still as soft as before. She was still as pretty and beautiful. "Be careful and come back to me." Alec whispered. She nodded.

"You too." She replied. Alec smiled and nodded his head. He was hesitant about letting her go alone but at the same time, he was needed in the institute. Just in case if something came up.

"Let's go." Clary said and within a second opened up a portal that allowed both her and Caroline as well as Blake to walk through.

"Was Alec's father here too?" Caroline a bit hesitant. She knew that this conversation was still very sensitive to the family and she didn't wanted to come over rude to her parabatai's mother. Clary sighed as she looked up. The building was the same. It was a bit more rusted and abandoned but other than that, everything was the same 

Clary hummed. "How will we approach this? If they are really inside there, wouldn't it be unsafe?" Blake asked. He wasn't worried about himself but more about Faith's mother. Faith would not hesitate. Clary nodded again.

"I think the only way to get through Faith is for me to die at her hands. That's when she will come back and realisation will hit her." Clary said without any emotion. Blake wasn't surprised by this answer. However, Caroline seemed shock.

"You can't do that. She would never forgive herself." She immediately protested against the idea. "I agree Mrs. Lightwood. There will be another way." He said and Clary sighed.

"If you stop me from getting my girl back, then you might as well get back to the institute because I will do anything to get her back. She will be too dangerous." Clary said.

"What do you mean?" Blake asked. Clary turned herself around while looking at him.

"Why do you think her father hid her for all those years and never let her get exposed to demons?" Caroline listened to Clary while Blake heard all the new information about the girl he loved so much. 

"There is a reason why Lilith wants Faith. When Faith was born, I was dying and I probably would have died if it wasn't for her. She healed me completely. Faith has the power of living and dying. She is as strong as an angel. She is one of them." She said.

"It took Alec years to realise what Faith was. Magnus and him both studied about her nature. The angels sent her down as pure nephilim. Purity. We are half mundane and half nephilim but she isn't. Lilith wants her because of what she is." Clary sighed.

"When she was born, I was told that she would either save the world or completely destroy it. I refused to believe that my daughter would do that but with Lilith influencing her, she might be making Earth the new Edom." Blake blinked a few times and then looked back at Caroline. 

"Why did the angels not interfere now?" Blake asked confused. Clary sighed out of frustration. "I don't know. They work in mysterious ways. All I know is that the longer Faith remains evil, the harder it will be to get her back." 

The alarms filled the entire institute. Alec looked around and saw Harrison running towards him. "Demons." He breathed out as soon as he reached him. Alec clenched his jaw together, knowing very well that this had happened when Azazel was using him. 

"Prepare everyone. This will get bad." Alec said and gathered his weapons. Everyone went to the main entrance and waited for the demons to strike but it seemed like they were stuck on one place as if they were waiting for someone's order. 

Alec felt himself feel fade away when he saw Faith walking down the corridor. Dressed in a black with black lipstick on her lips. "Hello father." She smiled. Her smile used to be so loving and warm but this creeped Alec out. 

"You won't attack your own daughter, would you?" She pouted sadly while her eyes were mischievously smiling at him. She laughed and clapped in her hands as she stood in the centre of the room. 

"You can choose who I kill and-" "Faith, don't do this. I know you have that little feeling inside of you that is telling you to stop. Listen to it... Make it louder and all of this will pass." Alec tried to convince her.

She came a bit closer and whispered in her father's ears "For the first time in a while, my mind is quiet." and she looked at Harrison, "Die." She smiled and without her doing anything else. Harrison collapsed onto the floor.

"Harrison!" Alec shouted as he kneeled down and tried to wake him up. "Don't bother, father. He is dead." Faith said coldly.

Alec's eyes were filled with tears. He looked up at her. "Why did you come here?" He asked. Faith titled her head slightly as she looked at him. 

"To warn you."

"Next time it will be mother who I kill." She said and with that. She disappeared. 

Blake frowned as he felt the excruciating pain suddenly overwhelming him. It was nothing compared to the pain he had when demons attacked him or poisoned him. It was nothing like the wounds he had when fighting other people. It felt like... like he was dying.

His eyes suddenly widened and he fell onto his knees as he was screaming out in agonising pain. "Harry." He whispered. Clary looked at him shocked while Caroline tried to help Blake in any way possible. He lifted his t-shirt up, seeing his parabatai rune fade away.

"No..." He whispered. 

{~~~~~~~}

Hello everyone,

I want to apologise for uploading so late. I got very sick with the virus and possible couldn't sit behind the screen and write. I fully recovered now and will be back with updates.

I love you all.