Chapter 25

The nurse walked out of the room, making Faith jerk her head up to see if her expression was positive or negative but when their eyes met, she couldn't tell it apart. She was good at hiding something if it was very wrong and she sincerely hoped that nothing was wrong. Her mind wouldn't allow her to comprehend that her father could be seriously at risk. She just didn't wanted to believe that...

"He is fine." She spoke out, making Faith sigh out relieved. She looked at Magnus with a wide smile, feeling herself overflowing with emotions again. She couldn't help but to become emotional all over again.

"But." That simple word made Faith's lips curve down, slowly fading away her relieved smile. Blake anxiously looked at the nurse before he looked back at Faith to see if she would take the news well. He wanted to be there for her, even if he didn't know how to. Everything was so new to him.

It was new for him to care for someone in this deeply way. He didn't just care about her but he knew he felt strong feelings for her. The feelings he didn't understand or didn't wanted to understand because he was to afraid to let go off that wall he had build all these years to just not get hurt.

But he knew that this was different.

With Faith it was different.

He knew that he would fall for her. From the very first time he had seen her to the first time he actually spoke to her. He was just glad to know that she felt the same way. A girl like her falling in love with a boy like him... He wished to have someone as caring as Faith... He was her wish, his dream and now everything was happening for real.

It was still hard to believe that this was reality.

Faith and him.

"He is stressed. His blood pressure was too high which caused him to pass out but looking at his health he is fine. There is nothing else to be worried about. He was just stressed out, making it harder for his body to stay strong." The nurse explained, making Faith relieved all over again. She didn't know what she would do if the nurse ended up telling her that he had a chronic illness.

"Do I need to do something? I-I mean... Something that could lessen his worries or stress?" Faith asked, her voice was shaking slightly as she somehow managed to complete her sentence. The nurse sweetly smiled at her before she shook her head.

"You know, he is a father and he will always worry about you. He will always have that kind of stress that will never leave him. The stress of something happening to you. Seeing the situation you are in, I understand why he is so stressed out. I would be too if I was in his position." The nurse said in a soothing voice. Her voice didn't worry Faith more but she understood what she meant.

Instead of freaking out, she calmly listened.

She nodded her head as she weakly smiled at her, feeling helpless. She couldn't do anything that could lessen his worries over her. He was stressed because he was too worried over her. She wished she was just a normal girl with no power that could determine a world's survival but bearing this kind of responsibility came with so much that Faith could hardly progress or live with it.

She didn't feel normal or special.

She felt like a freak.

"Can I see him?" She asked carefully while the nurse nodded her head. Faith walked past the nurse that allowed her to walk in and as soon as her eyes landed on her unconscious father laying down on a hospital bed, she felt the tears streaming down her cheeks. She whimpered softly and covered her mouth so that her sobs wouldn't wake him up.

He needed his rest.

She walked towards his bed and sat down on a chair while she held onto his cold hand tightly. She brushed back his hair that was laying down in front of his eyes and thought how easier this would have been if her mother was here too. He wouldn't have to bare the responsibility of Faith on his own. Faith knew that her father loved her more than anything but it was getting too much for him.

"I am so sorry, dad..." She sniffed softly as her thick tears still rolled down her cheeks, wetting her face as well as his hands where the tears landed on.

"I am so sorry that I am worrying so much..." She cried softly and hurried her face on his chest. Her chest slightly going up and down as she kept on sobbing softly. She held tightly onto him as if she was scared that Alec could leave at anytime.

Izzy walked quickly inside the hall where she heard that Alec was. Her heart beat accelerating hard against her chest, she tried to calm herself down, knowing that this wasn't good for the baby. She looked at Magnus who was waiting outside with two other boys which she believed was Blake and Harrison.

"Where is he?" Izzy asked quickly when her eyes met Magnus's. He pointed towards the door and when she turned her head towards it, she saw her niece curled up against her father, crying softly but holding him tightly which broke her heart.

The bond that Alec and Faith shared was stronger than any father or daughter had. It was known from the very beginning when Faith was born. The way she was able to pull Alec back from Azazel's possession was still something crazy to her. She believed that they were meant to be like this. Everything that happened to Alec, Clary and Faith as their little family was meant to happen to them. It made them stronger as ever but none of them realised that just yet which was understandable.

"I will let her be..." Izzy sighed as she turned around and looked at Magnus who was worriedly looking at Faith. Blake had the urge to keep on going inside but as soon as Faith's aunt came, he had no courage left to do anymore.

Isabelle Lightwood or now known as Isabelle Lovelace was a legend do everyone. Faith's entire family was... They were all mentioned in the history books. How they helped defeating Azazel but as well as other evil like Valentine and Jonathan.

"If you want to go in to comfort her, just go in." Harry whisper shouted in Blake's ear. He snapped his head towards his direction and gave him a death glare before he again worriedly looked over at Faith who still didn't seem to be calm. She was still crying softly and it broke his heart. He just wanted to be there for her.

"Go on." Harry said and stepped on his foot to make Blake react on him. Blake clenched his teeth and looked at him angrily. "If you don't stop I will-" "Who are these gentlemen?" Izzy asked as she looked at the two boys.

Blake completely froze on his spot while Harrison proudly smiled at her, waiting for Magnus to introduce them.

"That's Harry." Magnus said while pointing at Harry and then looked over at Blake. He thought for two seconds how he should introduce Blake. Despite the fact he liked Blake enough to be Faith's boyfriend, he didn't know how Izzy would respond to this.

"And that's Blake." Magnus said with a smile while he pointed at Blake who awkwardly smiled at her before he averted his eyes over at Faith again, wanting to be with her. Izzy noticed Blake looking the entire time at her niece and she smiled softly, knowing exactly what this meant.

"He is Faith's boyfriend." Harry blurted out happily. Blake widened his eyes at the name Harry had given him and he quickly shook his head. They had never made anything official yet...

"N-no but..." Blake stammered for the first time in his entire life, making Izzy laugh.

"It's okay." She laughed at the poor boy that was panicking in front of her.

"I can see how you feel about her by just the way you look at her." She exposes him, making Blake awkwardly rub the back of his neck. He nodded his head and walked inside the room, not. wanting Faith to be alone anymore.

He was exposed by everyone already.

"Faith..." He whispered. She slowly looked up with her red, puffy eyes, breaking his heart even more.

"Come here.." He said softly while he walked towards her. As she stood up, Blake pulled her into a hug, making Faith cry even more but this felt less painful... At least he was able to comfort her. She was in his arms...

That's all that mattered to him.

________________________________

Hello everyone!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Do you think Clary will come back or will the angels do something again?

Xxxx