Chapter 5

Hello! Another week in quarantine! How is everyone coping with it? Let me know in the comments! 
_________________________________

Faith looked at her father and she knew if she would tell him what happened, he would ban her from going ever again but she couldn't hide something like this. The demon wasn't just any normal demon... It was a greater demon... From Edom. 

"What do you mean?" Alec asked. Faith could hear the worry in his voice and deep inside her heart, she was already regretting to tell him. She sat down in between her father and aunt. Izzy held onto Faith's hand. 

"Today when we went for demon hunting, a abnormal demon attacked us." Faith said and she looked at her father. She wasn't scared anymore. Nothing of that scared her anymore but what did was that the demon or any other demon could come again and attack.

"The demon wasn't just any kind of demon. We haven't seen anything like it. Like ever." Faith said and she could see the colour drain from her father's face.

"I killed it." Faith said as she looked at her father.

"My one touch killed the demon. Blake, Ava and Caroline. They did everything to stop him but all of them were  almost knocked down until I came. It was as if the demon was avoiding me. As if he knew that I could kill him." Faith said and her voice started to shake a little bit.

"It took me a while to realise but it was a greater demon, Dad. It was a demon from Edom." Faith said and Alec stood up as he shook his head.

"That's impossible." He said and Faith nodded her head.

"I know father but I saw the demon. It wasn't just a shape shifter or any other demon you would see. I know what I saw." Faith said. She was convinced that it was and from the looks of her father's facial expression, he believed it too. He just didn't  wanted to be true.

"What's wrong with me?" Faith asked broken as she looked over at her father. Alec could see the  confusion in Faith's eyes. He quickly shook his head as he held his daughter's soft hands.

"Nothing is wrong with you. Don't  say that." Alec said as he looked over to her. He couldn't believe what Faith just told him. He knew that she was lying about the demons. He knew that she killed it but he never imagined that Faith would face a greater demon...

"There is something wrong with me, dad. I killed a demon with one touch." Faith said as she looked in disbelief at her father.

"I wouldn't say that something was wrong with you but that you are just powerful." Izzy said and she looked at her niece. Faith now looked at her aunt who looked at her proudly. Faith shook her head.

"But it doesn't make sense. How can I even do that?" Faith asked confused. She knew that any other shadowhunter wasn't capable of this. Why was she? It didn't add up at all.

"Faith..." Alec said softly. He looked at Izzy and shared a glance. It was time to tell her everything. Everything about her mother... About her... He knew that he was stalling her now and that the greater demons were coming much more closer than he thought.

He knew that if he didn't do it. She would follow the same destiny as Clary did. Without any knowledge of her life or whatever she was facing. Faith had to be ready for Lilith because she was coming for her whether Alec liked it or not.

"Dad?" She asked confused as she looked over at her father. Alec smiled softly at her.

"I don't want to lose you and I am afraid after what I will tell you that I might lose you but if I don't you will face something that you have no idea of. I don't want that." Alec said as he looked into his daughter's eyes.

"When your mother was pregnant with you, I was possessed by Azazel. A greater demon. I had done horrible things... Your uncles Max and Jace died because of it... I almost destroyed the towers of Idris and I almost killed you." Alec said. Faith gasped softly. 

Shock overwhelmed her and she let go of her father's hand in the process. She could see the hurt in her father's eyes when their hands lost contact.

"W-What?" Faith stammered as her eyes were widened out of shock.

"I had to kill you because the master of Azazel was terrified because of what you were capable of." Alec said as he continued with the story. Izzy looked over to her niece and brother. She knew that it was hurting Alec more than anything but he did not have any control over his demon possession... 

He had to stop punishing himself for it...

"Capable of what?" Faith asked confused as she looked at her father.

"When your mother was pregnant, you were slowly killing her. She wasn't physically strong enough to give birth to you but she did it anyway. When she gave birth, you healed her from her wounds. You saved her life. You pulled me out of the demon possession which gave me more control. It made Azazel weaker." Alec said.

"Then where is mother?" Faith asked. There was a slight hope in her voice and Alec was afraid that he was going to crush all of it in one go.

"It wasn't enough to kill Azazel. My life was linked to his which meant that if he died, I would die too. Your mother came with a rune, a rune that shouldn't be used... The angels warned her that there would be consequences..." Alec said softly and Faith shook her head.

"My mother was murdered by the angels?" Faith asked and Alec quickly shook his head.

"She was punished by them. She managed to save me but kill Azazel. The angels came for her. I don't know where she is but all I know is that she is alive." Alec said as he looked at Faith. Faith scoffed.

"How do you even know that?" She asked confused. Alec pulled his t-shirt up.

"Your mother and I were parabatai. I still feel her. I know she is alive. She might not be in this world but that doesn't mean we can't get to her." Alec said and Faith still looked confused.

"Parabatai but you guys fell in love... It...-" "We became parabatai before we fell in love with each other." Alec said to answer her question.

"Why didn't you tell me this before? Why does a greater demon attack make you tell me everything?" Faith asked confused as she looked over at her father. Alec sighed as he looked at her.

"I don't know if we will find your mother... I didn't wanted to give you fake hope and knowing what happened... I was scared that you would blame me but most of all, I was scared that you wouldn't be able to live a normal life." Alec said truthfully. He took a deep breath.

"I would never blame you for this... You weren't in control, dad..." Faith said softly as she let her hand rest on his cheeks. Alec smiled softly and hugged her.

"I had to tell you because something else is coming..." Alec said softly as he looked over at Izzy. He could see the worry in her eyes. It was time to go back to the institute... They weren't safe in Idris. 

When they came out of the hug, Faith looked at her father.

"Who is coming for me?" She asked as she looked at him. 

"Lilith, the queen of Edom." Alec answered.