Chapter 2

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your positive comments on the first chapter! It means a lot! I hope that all of you are well! What have you guys been doing during quarantine?
_________________________________

Faith stormed inside her room angrily. She couldn't believe that her father was stripping her off from everything. She was always at home. She couldn't go out and sometimes if she was lucky, Caroline could come over but only her. None of her other friends could join... Not like she had many she thought... 

"Faith." She heard her aunt Izzy say. Faith turned herself around and looked at her aunt. She was always amazed how she never aged. She was beautiful and strong. Everything she hoped she could be.

It wasn't easy for Faith's mother to not be here but she clearly looked up at Izzy for that. She did everything for her. She learned her about most of the stuff she knows, including about her mother. 

"Aunt Izzy." Faith said happily as she hugged her. It felt like her anger washed away when she finally gave her aunt a hug. It wasn't easy being locked up in your own house. It wasn't easy being Alec's daughter.

"How are you?" Izzy asked and Faith sighed. She was again remembered how angry she was at her father. It wasn't fair. She couldn't do anything that any other teenager would. Her father stopped her from experiencing anything like that.

"Alright." Faith said a bit sad. She was mostly angry at her father but she knew that she couldn't do anything about. Faith knew that she had to get over it because her father would never let her give her way. He never did.

"You know. He says it for your own safety." Izzy said to Faith. Faith turned her head to look at her aunt. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Nowadays, it looks like he is doing it more for himself than for me." She said as she looked at Izzy. In some way, Izzy knew that Faith was right. Alec kept Faith here in the house to be sure that she was okay. For his peace of mind. 

"You know he loves you right." Izzy said, trying to make feel Faith a bit better. She sighed and nodded.

"He should love less." Faith said as she stood up. 

"Faith..." Izzy said softly as she saw her walking away. Faith didn't wait for her aunt to stop her and just walked towards the garden. She wanted to stand outside which she did many times. 

She did it whenever she felt like she was a prisoner in her own home. Her garden made her feel like she had some free will. She felt good when she could breathe in the fresh oxygen in her lungs. It was almost as if she felt more energetic. In some way she did.

Izzy walked after Faith, to see where she was going. It did hurt her to see her niece like this. She knew that she was loved but at this point she felt like she was loved way too much. All because of Alec. Izzy looked at Faith, who was sitting down in the garden, looking around and doing nothing.

She walked towards Alec's office. 

'This time he has to listen to me.' Izzy thought as she finally reached. Alec looked a bit in surprise.

"You are still here?" He asked surprised. Izzy nodded and came inside. 

"You have to let Faith go sometimes, Alec." Izzy said and Alec immediately looked at his little sister. 

"I am not having this conversation with you again, Izzy." Alec said as he turned away from her. Izzy held his arm and clenched her jaw.

"You will lose her if you continue like this. She is eighteen now!" Izzy shouted and Alec sighed as he rolled his eyes. In his mind, he felt like he was doing the right thing. He felt like he was protecting her and that's what he always do.

"I am protecting her, Izzy. If Lilith comes for her, I will be here." Alec said and Izzy laughed in disbelief. She puts her hands up and down as she shook her head.

"Do you even hear what you are saying?" Izzy asked in disbelief.

"What are you? An angel? Alec you are driving her away from you." Izzy said and Alec blinked a few times. It hurts him to feel vulnerable. Not because it could hurt him but Faith. He wanted to be strong, to be known as strong so no one could hurt Faith or no one would dare to do so. 

"I won't let her go." Alec said determined. Izzy shook her head.

"Mark my words, Alec. You will lose her." She said and she left Alec alone in his office. Alec sat down on his chair and sighed...

'What if I am losing her?' He thought. He took a deep breathe and walked out of his office to  see where his beloved daughter was. When he was on his way to her room, he saw her sitting down in the garden.

He opened the door and walked outside. Faith didn't seem to hear her father coming nor did she really care about it.

"Mum?" She asked as she looked up. She held onto her pink finger and sighed.

"I wish you were here too. Maybe dad would be less overprotective." Faith said softly as she looked down. Alec looked at his daughter and he felt sorry. He felt sorry for putting her up for so long. Even if it was meant to be for her own safety. He never wanted her to feel stuck.

Without saying anything else, Alec sat down next to his daughter and looked up.

"Clary..." He said softly. Pain was the only thing he felt when he mentioned her name.

"I wish you were here. So we could be a family." Alec said softly as he looked down again. From the corner of his eyes he could see that Faith was looking at him.

"But we are a family?" Faith asked and Alec turned his head so he could look at her. He gave her a small and weak smile.

"Yes, we are." Alec said softly. Faith smiled and rested her head on her father's shoulder. 

"Faith you can go if you want to." Alec said carefully. Faith immediately lifted her head up to look at her father.

"Are you joking because if you are. It is not funny." Faith said and Alec smiled as he shook his head. 

"I love you and I would die in order to keep you safe but I can't stop you from going out with your friends. Not anymore." He said. Faith couldn't believe what her father was saying. For her, it felt like a dream come true.

"But you have to promise me that you will be careful." Alec said as he strictly looked into Faith's eyes. Faith nodded her head excited and kissed her father on the cheek.

"Thank you so much! I love you!" She shouted as she quickly stood up and walked inside, probably towards her bedroom. 

"I love you too..." Alec said softly and prayed to the angels that she would return safely home. He was terrified what could happen but he know if he didn't do this, anytime in the future, Faith would have left from here... 

She was becoming more independent and each day she reminded Alec of her mother. Everything she did, Clary went through as well and it already shows how strong she is and how stronger she could become...

She was just like her mother, Clarissa Adele Lightwood.