Chapter 22

Faith looked Blake in his eyes and before she could even say a word, Caroline's high pitched voice echoed around the woods, calling out for her repeatedly and desperately.

"FAITH!" She screamed as she was looking around herself. Magnus looked at Caroline and tried to come up with something that would calm her down but looking at the worried stage she was in, he feared that she might lash out on her.

That was truly the first time ever when Magnus had felt afraid of another person, another woman which again proved to him that Caroline was definitely the one for him.

He needed someone who could keep him on his toes.

"I am sure she is fin-" Magnus immediately shut his mouth when Caroline snapped her head towards his direction, giving him a death glare.

"Lilith is behind her and she is all alone in here!" Caroline hysterically shouted as she put her hands up in the air. Magnus sighed out and nodded his head before he said, "I understand-"

"You understand?!" Caroline exclaimed before looking at him in disbelief. The anger was boiling inside her. She couldn't understand how Magnus had lost her while travelling here.

"Care..." Magnus said in a soft voice which made her calm down. She sighed out of frustration as she bit her underlip. She tried looking around her but she couldn't help but to imagine the worst.

Lilith could have truly gotten to her already...

"What if something has happened to her?" Caroline asked as she started to become teary. She wasn't really a person that liked showing whenever she felt vulnerable. Especially not in front of people that she cared about.

Blake lifted his right eyebrow up as heard Caroline's voice and Magnus's who was trying to comfort her. Faith's eyes were quickly travelling to the direction where Caroline's voice was coming from and without hesitation, she quickly walked over.

Blake stood still while Harry gave him a glance which made him groan out of frustration and followed Faith.

Faith made her way easily towards Caroline as if the universe somehow was telling her which was she was supposed to go. It was that special connection that she had with her and no one could take that away from the both of them.

"Care?" Faith asked as she saw her back. Her blonde hair was moving slightly because of the wind and she seemed to be under stress herself. Caroline's eyes widened and she quickly turned herself around to just meet her best friend.

She exhaled sharply and without thinking a second, she walked towards her, and pulled her into a tight hug. Caroline squeezed her eyes shut as she felt Faith's warmth against her body.

"Don't you dare leaving me before we even became parabatai." Caroline breathed out and Faith weakly smiled before putting her arms around her, deepening their hug. She nodded her head and made Caroline look at her.

"You should know that I am fine. My father's training-" "It doesn't make you invincible." Caroline interrupted her while glancing over at her. Faith nodded her head before sighing out.

She knew that it didn't make her completely safe.

"That's probably why she could dodge my knife." Harry said as he started to realise how Faith got these quick reflexes. Caroline's eyes widened as she realised that Harry and Blake were here too.

"Harry and Blake?" She asked confused. Blake just blankly stared at Caroline while Harry gave her the warmest smile.

"We were out here and then suddenly Faith came." Harry said and started to sound more confused when he spoke out the last of his sentence. Faith looked a bit uncomfortable but didn't really say something.