Chapter 9

Hello angels! I have changed my username so I hope that none of you got confused... I am still me! We are so close to 500 readers! I honestly can't believe how quickly the story is growing! Thank you so much !!!!! *dies in cuteness* Enjoy this chapter!!!
________________________________

Alec was impatiently waiting for Magnus and Izzy. He never knew that time could be such a torture until he had Faith. Every time she would go to the academy, Alec would be restless until she would be back home safely. It turned around that even at home, Faith would have never been safe.

One of Lilith's demons got her... 

He looked at his daughter and couldn't stop thinking about Clary. Every time he laid eyes on her, the only person he could think off or see was Clary, his wife. The love of his life. The one he drove away... He was responsible for it. 

Alec thought of the day when he met her for the first time. It made him chuckle softly underneath his breathe. It seemed so long ago. They were young and barely had any stress or any other responsibilities laying down on their shoulders. 

"Alec, you need to give her a chance." Jace said. Alec rolled his eyes as he looked at him. 

"You do know that  she could be a spy or something." Alec said as he looked down to the redheaded girl. 

"I have a name."  Clary blurted out angry at Alec. 

"I don't care."  Alec said as equally angry as Clary did. Clary groaned frustrated and turned herself around, trying to make her way to the institute door so she could go away. There was no way that she was going to spend another second with this idiot. 

"Where are you going?!" Jace called out clueless. Alec rolled his eyes all over again. Why was he even bothered by her? She was just a mundane who assumingly could be Valentine's daughter. Why doesn't the clave deal with this problem?

"Home." She said.

"Finally!" Alec called out and Clary turned herself around in a heart beat. She couldn't stand him. She looked furiously at Alec before she made her way to him. She slapped him hard across his face. 

Alec looked startled at Clary and all he could feel was rage. Clary could see the rage in Alec's eyes. 

"Your dead, redhead." Alec spurted out and took a step near her.

"Alec cut being so childish."  Izzy said and pushed her brother away from Clary. Alec looked  confused at his own sister and shook his head.

"You are all insane. I will let you deal with this problem." Alec said angrily, looking down at Jace and Izzy. Clary was staring at Alec. He could she how she was judging him but he couldn't  care less. 

Before he turned himself around, he glanced into Clary's green eyes. He didn't know what it was but it made him feel something he never felt before which made him somehow scared and nervous. He stared at her but shook the feeling of him and walked away, leaving Clary alone with Izzy and Jace. 

Alec laughed softly, thinking back to how their first meeting was. He would die to just go back for it for one second. To feel that sensation for just a second... To see her... He would do anything to just feel and see her for one last time.

"How is she?" Alec heard his mother's voice ask. Confused, he turned himself around to face his mother. Maryse smiled weakly at her son.

"Mother?" He asked shocked. He hadn't seen her for quite a while. She mentioned to him what she had done before Faith was born. She blamed herself for Clary's supposedly death. She felt like she pushed her too far... which resulted her doing this but he knew that she would have done it either way...

"Alexander." She said with a smile. Her eyes were filled with tears and hugged her son. Alec felt his mother's warmth. Something he didn't feel in a while and needed. He needed his mother so he could tell her about everything that came with fatherhood. She would understand. He knew she would.

"How did this happen?" Maryse asked shockingly as she looked down to her grand daughter. She kneeled down to her and touched her dark red hair softly. She missed her more than anything and was even ashamed that she resented her at first.

After all, Alec's blood was streaming down her veins... 

"A demon attack... Probably Lilith's." Alec said and it still sounded like he was convincing himself for it. He couldn't believe that Lilith was finally stepping up to get to Faith. Not after all these years of protecting her... 

"Is there-" "Magnus and Izzy are taking care of it." Alec said, interrupting his mother. She nodded her head slowly before looking down to Faith again. 

"We are here." Izzy breathed out. Magnus walked ahead of her and quickly walked towards Faith. He was surprised to see Maryse and kindly smiled at her before preparing the herbs for Faith. 

"You got it?" Alec asked relieved and Magnus nodded. He didn't speak much as he was focused on making this herb ready. He knew that the time was flying and Faith needed this before it would be too late. 

"Mum?" Izzy asked surprised. She smiled and hugged her tightly. 

"Isabelle." Maryse said relieved and hugged her back. She looked at her confused when they came out of the hug. 

"There is something different about you." Maryse said as she looked down at Izzy. Izzy frowned and confused shook her head. Alec couldn't help but to listen. He was equally as confused as Izzy was.

"What?" Alec asked a bit startled as he looked at his sister and then at his mother. Women could be weird.

"Yes. There is a glow on you. I can see it because I had it when-" She stopped talking and gasped loudly as she widened her eyes.

"Are you pregnant?" She quickly asked and even Izzy was shocked by her mother's senses. How did she even know? She was the one who found out that Clary was pregnant too... It was honestly a bit scary.

"What?" Alec asked out loud and shocked. Izzy smiled shyly.

"Yes." She said softly as she looked at her brother and then at her mother. Alec scoffed and smiled. He could barely believe it. Something that was good news... which he needed for a long time now.

"I am going to be an uncle!" Alec shouted happily. Maryse laughed and hugged Izzy again.

"I need to help you and you." Maryse said as she looked down at her children.

"You guys made a mess and Faith needs all the family she can get now and we need to prepare for this baby too, making sure everyone is safe." She said and Alec smiled.

"G-Grandmother." Faith's trembling voice said softly. Alec's eyes widened and he quickly walked to Faith. He smiled and held onto her hand tightly. Maryse looked down at Faith as she smiled.

"Hey." She said softly. Faith smiled and felt like she was falling off again. She slowly closed her eyes as she took a deep breathe.

"W-What happened?" Alec stuttered scared and looked up to Magnus.

"Nothing. She will need her rest." He said as he smiled down to Faith.

Once again the whole family was brought together and this time around, it was important to stick together.