Chapter 4

We already reached a hundred readers on this story! That's insane! I love you guys and thank you for showing so much support! It means a lot, honestly!
_________________________________

Blake looked at Faith in shock. The abnormal and powerful demon literally went up in flames by one touch of Faith. Faith was looking around and saw her best friend walking to her.

"Are you okay?" Faith asked quickly as she hugged her. Caroline was a bit overwhelmed by what just had happened but she was glad that Faith was okay.

"I am okay. Are you hurt?" Caroline asked and Faith shook her head.

"I am fine." She answered. Caroline looked at the ashes of the demon. She was confused. She had never seen a demon like that and she had never seen a shadowhunter kill a demon by one touch.

"How did you do that?" She asked Faith out of curiosity. Faith shrugged her shoulders. She was clueless herself. 

"I don't know." She answered. She felt uneasy but somehow more powerful. Maybe it was the adrenaline she felt when she killed the demon. Her first demon kill... 

"Let's get you home." Caroline said and Faith just nodded. Together without saying anything they walked away. There was no way in hell that Caroline would put her best friend at risk. She knew deep down that Faith was shocked by all of this but there must be an explanation for it... There should be.

"What did I do?" Faith asked. Her voice was a bit shaky. It didn't make sense to her. She could have died because she totally froze but when she touched the demon, it literally burned away... How was that even possible?

"You killed a demon." Caroline said so Faith wouldn't worry too much about it. Faith shook her head and looked at Caroline.

"I could have died, Caroline but when I touched the demon. It killed him." Faith said and from her voice, Caroline could tell that she was terrified by it.

"There is an explanation for it. There always has been." She said and Faith still shook her head. She didn't agree with whatever Caroline was saying. She knew that she didn't kill any demon but she also knew that the way that this demon died was abnormal.

"The demon wasn't just any normal demon. What if it was from Edom?" She asked as she looked at her best friend. Caroline scoffed.

"There hasn't been any demons from Edom since you were born which is eighteen years, Faith. You are just panicking." Caroline said but  she  felt like she was reassuring herself more now than she was reassuring Faith.

She knew that Faith had a point but it was almost impossible... She looked over at Faith who looked stressed out. She was still covered in the demons blood. Her father is so going to freak out  about this.

"Hey..." Caroline said softly as she held Faith's arm. Faith looked at Caroline.

"We will find out what happened. Even if it is the last thing we do." Caroline said as she looked directly into Faith's eyes. She smiled and nodded. 

As Faith reached home, she quietly walked inside the living room. She hoped that her father was sleeping but her wishes were quickly denied when she saw light. She looked at her father who was sitting together with her aunt Izzy. Both of them looked quite shocked when they saw her.

"Faith what happened?" Alec quickly asked as he walked towards Faith. She was totally covered in slime blood. He knew it was a demon but they way she looked, it terrified him.

"I just killed a demon and it exploded." Faith said as calm as she could. She knew if she would tell what had happened, her father would probably never let her go out  again. She didn't want that stop in any way possible.

"It exploded?" Alec asked confused and Faith nodded.

"Like boom!" She said as she held her hands up. Alec laughed softly as he looked at Faith.

"I am going to have a shower and then I will join you guys." Faith said and Alec nodded. When Faith left, Alec turned himself around to look at his little sister.

"She is lying." Alec said as he sat down. Izzy looked at him.

"How do you know?" Izzy asked a bit confused.

"She is my daughter. I know when she is hiding something from me." Alec said and Izzy widened her eyes.

"Just like that?" She asked confused. She didn't understand how Alec would know but then again, Faith was his flesh and blood. It was probably a gut feeling. The one she would have whenever Alec lied to her. 

"You will understand when you have a child." Alec said with a smile. Izzy smiled and wanted to tell him. Tell him that he would be a uncle in nine months but seeing him so worked up by Faith, it made her stop... She didn't wanted to overwhelm him because it looked like Alec was going to explode one day.

"So what do you think happened?" Izzy asked and Alec sighed.

"When Faith was a baby, her power saved her mother from dying when she gave birth to her. She terrified Azazel but most of all Lilith. Her touch kills a demon." Alec said and Izzy looked at him in confusion.

"I know that Faith is powerful but are you sure? Magnus... He..." Izzy stammered and Alec shook his head.

"It is weird how it works. It is when she wants to hurt them. Magnus is right. Faith's powers could either be the end of the world or save it... It is how she deals with it." Alec said and Izzy just nodded. She could sense that Alec was tense but she also knew that Lilith was trying to get her hands on her for this reason... 

It terrified Alec. Not that Faith would end the world but to lose her over the darkness like Clary almost lost him. He was afraid that it would consume her and that Lilith would take advantage of it. He was afraid that one bright thing in his life would take a turn and leave him alone.

"Dad?" Faith asked. Alec looked up at Faith and gave her a small smile. Just like that Alec's face brightened up by just seeing Faith standing in front of him.

"Yes, sweet heart." He answered. Faith came closer and sat down in front of Izzy and Alec.

"I wasn't honest earlier on..." She said softly. A wave of concern hit Alec and he looked at her. What did she mean with it?