Chapter 6

Denki was laying on the covers of his bed, in his hero uniform, as he was on call just in case, he stared at the ceiling. The words that his father had told him, hit hard. Harder than anything ever did. He feels tears prick at his eyes and he throws his arm over his face, trying to supress the tears that wanted to fall. He was hurting and he couldn't stop thinking about his mother. The memories were resurfacing and it hurt. Wiping his eyes, he decided to go for a walk. Hikori was at preschool and Hitoshi was helping Aizawa with somethings.

---

As Denki walked the streets, he tried to stop thinking about his mother and the horrid things that his father had spat. He stopped in his tracks and looked up to the sky. Closing his eyes, he breathed in the warm summer air. He heard people behind him. He turned to see a few people were behind him and, by a few he means a hundred or more, smiled and walked over. They were holding pictures of him, while some little kids were dressed up as him.

He took a pen from one person and signed the picture for him. He continued like this for a few other people before he crouched down in front of a small boy with blue eyes and black hair.

"What's your name, buddy?" Denki asked.

"Nakamaru Jasper." The little boy replied.

"And what's your quirk?"

"Lightning."

"That sounds like a very cool quirk."

Denki smiles and takes off his sunglasses. He places them on the little boy's head.

"You are to take very good care of these, alright?"

The little boy nodded. The mum smiled and crouched down by her child. She took out her phone and took a photo of the boy and his hero. After a few more photos, Denki waved good bye and continued on his walk. As he went, he heard a scream. He turned to find someone harassing a trio of girls. Running over, Denki went in intervene.

"Leave them alone." Denki said sternly, walking over.

"What are you gonna do about it, blondie?" the male spat.

"I'm a Pro Hero so I have the authority to take matters into my own hands."

"Oh really?"

The guy shoved Denki, causing him to stumble back a bit. Denki didn't want to use his quirk or escalate the problem any further. But the guy wasn't easing off. He gave the man a slight shock to his arm, causing him to curse and stalk off. Once he was gone, Denki turned to the girls.

"Are you girls alright?" Denki asked as he turned to them.

"We're fine." The brunette smiled.

"Yeah, thanks, Chargebolt." The girl with the red hair agreed, while the silver haired girl just analysed him, causing Denki to become uncomfortable, but at the same time, do the same.

"What are your names?" Denki asked.

"I'm Tanaka Aiko." The brunette replied.

"Watanabe Akako." The red head waved.

"Who's your other friend? She looks oddly familiar."

"Oh! We're not with her. She came to help while we waited for some heroes. She doesn't speak Japanese." Watanabe and Tanaka walked off, leaving the silver haired girl behind.

The girl smiled at Denki. A smile that's all too familiar for him to comprehend. The big blue cobalt eyes shone with light. Her silver hair was half shaved. A single piercing was on the top of her right ear. She was wearing a crop top and denim shorts.