Chapter 12

That night, Denki had dressed up in his best suit along with Shinso. Eri had just arrived as she was going to look after Hikori for the night. Shinso had decided to take Denki out for dinner. They had just said goodbye and goodnight to their son and Eri, hailed a taxi and were currently walking to the door of the 5-star restaurant; Sukiyabashi Jiro.

"Pretty ironic name if you ask me...!" Denki whispered. This just caused Shinso to laugh.

They walked in and were guided to a spare table. They both sat down and ordered two glasses of wine to start with, which came not a minute later.

"You don't want to drink too much." Shinso stated gazing over the top of his menu.

"Bet you'd like that, though, huh?" Denki winked and took another sip of his drink.

"God, your cringe...!" Shinso laughed.

A waiter walked over.

"Are you ready to order, now gentlemen?"

"Ah? Yes, we are." Shinso replied.

---

They had just finished their main meal when the waiter came and collected their plates. Not even 5 minutes later, they came and delivered desert.

"Oh WOW! This looks so good, Toshi!" Denki gazed at the Parfait before him when he noticed his partner acting strange "Toshi?"

Shinso removed himself from his chair and joined Denki's side. The purple haired male then lowered to one knee and pulled out a ring box. Opening it up, he revealed a golden ring. The blonde smacked his hands over his mouth in shock, tear starting to well in his eyes. All attention was on the duo.

"Denki Kaminari. You have given me everything I ever wanted and so much more. So I ask you now, as I kneel before you, will you marry me?"

"...yes... Yes...! YES!"

Denki jumped at the male in joy. He wrapped his arms around the other male as applause went through the room. Holding Denki's hand gently, the purplette placed the ring on his husband's finger, all while he watched tears fall down Denki's cheeks.

---

When the adults got home, Eri welcomed them back. She was sitting on the couch watching a movie or something. She smiled mischievously when she saw the duo, considering Shinso was carrying Denki on his back.

"Hikori's already in bed. He was surprisingly easy to put down. So~? How did it go~?" Eri teased. She suddenly gasped and jumped up and down on her feet. "DID HE SAY YES?!"

Denki held out his hand to reveal the ring. "Does this answer your question?"

Eri squealed with excitement.

"Shhhh! You'll wake up Hikori!" Shinso exclaimed, laughing at the same time.

"Sorry!" Eri whispered, excitement still inching at her words. "You two should be very proud of yourselves."

"How so?" Denki asked.

"Well? You lasted this long together. It's just one of the major milestones of your relationship. Getting married is a big thing. And don't worry. I'll be your wedding planner. You two can just get the invitations ready and I'll do everything else. OK?"

"Were not getting married tomorrow, Eri. We were talking on our way home and we were planning on getting officially married after Christmas sometime."

"Crap... that long of wait?"

"Don't worry. You can still plan our wedding if it means that much to you, Eri."

"Thanks, Hitoshi. WAIT!"

"What?" Shinso let Denki off his back.

"Who's last name are you going to take?! Hikori already took your last name, brother."

"We know. We can easily change his last name if needed."

"Denki Shinso... Hitoshi Kaminari... Hikori Kaminari... No offense Toshi, but, your last name doesn't really suit me that well, whereas my last name and your first name have a nice ring to it."

Hitoshi tossed the names over in his head for a couple of seconds. "Hitoshi Kaminari it is then."

"Wait. ReAlLy?! You'll take my last name?!"

"Yep. But can we talk more in the morning, please? I'm really beat."

"Sure. Eri? Do you want to stay for the night?"

"... Why not."

---

The next morning, Eri stayed for breakfast before leaving. Denki was sitting at the breakfast bar as Hitoshi placed two bowls of cat food out for the cats. Their son was on the floor, watching TV and playing with his toys. Denki couldn't stop playing with the ring on his finger, looking lovingly at the wedding band. But as he played with it, a feeling tugged at his heart and tears pricked the back of his eyes. His husband seemed to notice this new emotion and directed his attention back to his partner.

"What's wrong, Denks?"

"I just wish my mother was here to see this. To be there on our special day. She never even met you. She only knew just as much about you as when I confessed to her about you being my crush. She would have loved Eri, Mic, Aizawa, and of course, Hikori."

"I know you want her back. As much as I don't believe in the whole supernatural or reincarnation or that sort of crap, but I do strongly believe that loved ones are always watching over us and monitoring our every move."

"Like a guardian angel?"

"Yeah. Like a guardian angel. And trust me, she will be there on our day. Whether we can see her or not." Hitoshi then placed a kiss on Denki's lips before turning to trudge upstairs, just as a small kitten like sneeze stopped him in his tracks. They looked around and the cat where nowhere to be seen. It wasn't the adults so the only other culprit was...

Hikori.

"Looks like he also inherited your kitten sneezes, too."

The adults laughed and Hitoshi continued on his way upstairs. Denki moved to the couch and watched his son play. Looking at him now, Denki was moved at how much their son looked so much like him. Sure he had his partner's purple hair but the little boy had his hair, naturally in the same style as Denki himself.

The little child's golden eyes were wide in wonder and his mouth was in the most adorable smile ever. Denki smiled with a sigh. He changed positions to the floor and started to play with his son.

Another chapter up and done. I'm going to at least post a chapter a day, if not two.

Basically, I will try to at least post a chapter a week.

Thanks for reading so far and sticking with me during this process.

1038 words.