Chapter 21

Today was the day of the presentations. They had gotten 2 weeks to do research on the Hero that they selected, also being told that they had to read out the essay in front of the class, his parents even forcing Hikori's teacher to let him present it as a presentation and get it recorded. Hikori noticed that everyone had chosen either All Might, Deku or one of the higher ranking heroes. Hikori recognised them all to be from his Papa's old class.

"Kaminari! It's your turn." Miss Akane ordered.

Hikori took a deep breath and walked to the front of the class. He connected his computer to the big screen and brought up the power-point that will aid in his presentation.

"The Hero that I chose isn't a Japanese Hero. The Hero that I chose is a student from my Dad's old class in Australia. His name? The Earth Hero; Avalanche. His quirk is earth, allowing him to manipulate Earth at his will. He had a history with my dad. When my dad moved to Australia, Avalanche, also known as Kalum Roe at that time, used to bully him. It wasn't until events took place that made Kalum realise that what he was doing was wrong. A few years passed and I remember when I was 4 years old, did I actually, sort of, meet him for the first time..."

Hikori continued giving his report until he had finished. "And that is why I decided to choose Australian Pro Hero; Avalanche for my report. Thank you."

The class clapped. Hikori disconnected his laptop and sat back down at his desk. He was proud of himself. He had managed to remember everything he wanted to say without having to read off of notes. After the last of the presentations, the bell went for lunch. Everyone packed up. Hikori wandered out of the class, down the hall and reached his locker.

Opening it up, he got a jump scare as a large rubber tarantula, attached to a spring, jumped out, causing him to cry out, drop everything and fall on his butt. Everyone around him burst into laughter and pointed at him. A deep embarrassment filled blush smacked him in the face. He hated spiders with all of his existence, even if he was scared by real ones or fake ones. He didn't like them.

Scrambling to pick up his things, he realised he had dropped his laptop. With a quiet 'oh no' he opened up the screen to see the screen severely cracked and an error colours taking up the entire interior. He felt like crying. His parents were going to kill him. His Aunt Eri and Uncle Kota had bought him that for his birthday last year. It was barely a year old.

---

When Hikori got home that night, he found Eri, Kota and both of his grandpas sitting on the couch with his parents.

"Hey, Hikori!" Eri beamed.

Feeling scared at what he was about to say, Hikori cautiously wandered over to Eri and the rest of the adults. He opened his bag and pulled out his laptop. He handed it to his aunt. Curious, Eri opened it but was welcomed with the destroyed screen.

"What happened to it?!" Kota cried.

"Some kid placed a spring loaded, fake spider in my locker so when I opened it, it jumped out at me. I fell to the ground and dropped everything... I'm So Sorry, Aunt Eri! I know it was a present and that I should've take more care of it but it wasn't my fault!" Hikori cried.

"Oh, Hikori...!" Eri stood up and embraced him in a big hug. "I understand that it wasn't your fault... I'll try and get you a new one, OK?"

"You don't have to do that, Aunty..."

"Nonsense. If it was someone else that caused this to happen then you will get a replacement."

"What did the teacher have to say about your presentation?" Hitoshi questioned with sternness.

"Nothing. But from the look that she gave me and how she spoke to me, I may be failing..."

Hikori left the room but as he reached the top of the stairs, he stopped. His dad was yelling and it wasn't something he did normally. Hikori sat down and continued to listen.

"What the FUCK is wrong with that school?!" Denki cursed. "First they have a go at him for his ADHD, Dyslexia and Insomnia and now he might be failing from a simple assignment that he spent every hour of every day working on?! I swear to FUCKING ALL MIGHT! If we get called in because Hikori failed, I'm going to shove my foot up their asses...!"

"Denki. There is no need to get so riled up about it." Aizawa said calmly.

"No, Dad. Denki is right. That school, Hikori's teacher in particular, haven't been treating him fairly at all. they have no issue adapting their learning to help other kids but the moment Hikori needs something to be altered for him to learn better, and more comfortable, all hell breaks loose; he gets sent to the principal's office and we get called in." Hitoshi stated with calming anger.

"Maybe we should all go down there and straighten things out." Mic added.

"Well... As straight as a family of gays can." Eri snorted with laughter.

The older males looked at her.

"We will disown you." Hitoshi said flatly.

Hikori's face went down cast. He was getting treated in an unfair way and he was relying on his family to stick up for him. It wasn't up to them to fight his fights. He stood up and ran up the rest of the stairs, slamming his door with hurt.

---

As Hikori walked the halls, trying to avoid students. He accidentally bumped into the back of one of the kids in his class. One of the bullies; Akuma Katsuki. The male turned around to face him.

"Hello Kaminari~" he purred menacingly.

"A-Akuma! I'm s-sorry! I-I didn't see you there!"

"Sure... Now? What to do with you?"

The male's hair was an orange colour with black tiger looking stripes through it, with tiger ears emerging from within his hair. His tail thrashed from side to side. The rest of the school seemed to be watching. Akuma reeled back his fist and punched Hikori right in the face, causing him to fall over. The tiger boy then unsheathed his claws and sliced the boy across the cheek, blood pouring out. Hikori hissed in pain. He felt a slight tingling sensation, like one would feel from pins and needles.

Hikori stood up. Electricity emerged from his fingertips. This boy was to pay for the pain that he caused him. The humiliation that he brings upon him. Holding out his hand, face clouded by his fringe, emotion gone from his eyes, electricity sparked in his outstretched palm. Hikori was close to placing his hand on the boy's face.

"HIKORI!"

Just as his hand connected with the Akuma's face, electricity connected, causing the tiger boy to cry out in pain. But as soon as the electricity connected, it was gone. Hikori was then pulled away from the other kid. Being spun around, he met the furious and fear filled expressions of Aizawa, Mic, Eri, Kota, his dad and papa.

Hikori was in deep trouble.

---

When he got home that night, Eri started to clean up his injuries. They were mad at him for trying to hurt a student, but upset that he was getting picked on by not just the other students but by the teachers as well. The adults had all gone because they got told that Hikori had failed the assignment. They ordered to watch it. When they did, they forced the teacher to give him a better grade. A fight broke out, a bunch of things happened and then Hikori was sent home for starting a fight.

Hissing at the pain, Hikori pushed away from Eri. He got up and raced to his room, slamming the door with an echoing bang.