Chapter 20

10 years later- Hikori is now 14- these chapters will follow his life now. (Denki and Shinso have gotten married and taken the Kaminari name, also changing Hikori's last name from Shinso to Kaminari)

With his elbow on the table and head in hand, he tried not to fall asleep in class, for the fourth time that day. Sleep was never in his favour. He had inherited his insomnia from his papa and had difficulty staying asleep. When he wakes up during the night, that is when his ADHD kicks in and makes his brain go all hyperactive and thoughts just bombard him so much he can't go back to sleep.

BANG!

"Kaminari!"

"I'M AWAKE!" Hikori lifted his head and looked around furiously.

"What have I told you about falling asleep in my class?"

"Sorry miss..."

"Do it again and I'm sending you to the principal's office. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes miss..."

The teacher turned back to the task on the board. Hikori felt like yelling at her. She never listened to him. He always told her that he had insomnia, ADHA and Dyslexia but it's almost as if she wants him to suffer on purpose. He started to continuously click his pen.

"Kaminari! You are disrupting the class. Stop from this wild behaviour. You can read the 3rd passage from page 10 to the class."

With a silent groan, he found the section he was to read.

'great... time to embarrass myself in front of the class...'

Hikori cleared his throat and started to read. He kept stuttering and pausing to try and figure out the words. He heard people laughing all around him. He looked up and thought he saw a smirk on his teacher's lips.

"Don't look at me. Keep reading."

"But I can't! I can't read it!"

"Yes you can. Stop making pathetic excuses."

"But-!"

"Are you talking back to me, Kaminari?!"

"No miss! I'm just saying that I-!"

"Grab your stuff, leave my class and go to the principal's office. Now!"

Hikori listened to his teacher. Just as he stepped through the door, he mumbled under his breathe; "Dumb bitch..."

---

Hikori sat in the principal's office. His teacher had joined when break was signalled. They had called his parents. Head down, he felt an everlasting pit of dread plant itself in his stomach. He didn't know why but it did. It made him think himself guilty and like he did something wrong. The door opened and he heard two voices that he knew all too well. His parents.

"Why were we called in?"Mind Meddler, Hikori's papa, asked the teacher.

"He was being disrespectful, disrupting the class, falling asleep during lessons and pretending to not know how to read." She answered.

"Hikori? Is what Mis...?"

"Akane."

"Is what Miss Akane saying true?" Chargebolt, Hikori's dad, questioned.

"NO! Absolutely not!"

"You lying little-!"

"DON'T TALK TO MY SON LIKE THAT! Or I can make your life a living hell..." Hitoshi yelled. "Hikori? Continue."

"Sure I almost fell asleep in class but it was because of my insomnia. I then started clicking a pen cause my ADHD was acting out. She then got me to read from the text book. I told her I couldn't read it, but she refused to listen to me and forced me to keep reading. I tried to tell her I couldn't but then she accused me of talking back. One thing led to another and here we are."