Chapter 14

A/N- Mentions of attempted murder and a very horrible character

The next morning, Hitoshi was making a cup of coffee and Denki limped downstairs. When he entered the room and headed towards the breakfast bar, Hitoshi gave him a smirk and looked at his partner, playfulness evident in his eyes. Hikori came bounding into the room, screaming.

"Hikori!" Hitoshi crouched by his son's side and held onto his shoulders, wiping the boy's tears. "What happened?!"

"I saw a spider in the bathroom!" the boy cried. The two adults went to the bathroom, Hikori against Denki's hip his limp easing off to nothing.

When they entered the room, they looked around until they saw a spider in the bath. It was barely bigger than the nail on Denki's thumb. The little boy watched as his Papa picked up the small spider. He screamed and hid his head in his dad's shoulder.

"It's just a little spider, buddy. It won't hurt you!" Denki hushed.

Hikori just huffed and refused to say anything else. Hitoshi was about to kill it with bug spray when Hikori cried out once more.

"No! Don't kill it!"

This had both the adults confused. With a sigh, Hitoshi just opened up the window and placed the spider outside, before closing the window once more.

"You are one strange kid, Hikori." Hitoshi chuckled as he left the room, Denki following in pursuit with his son.

Denki placed the boy back on his feet and the little kid ran off to his room.

---

Denki and Hitoshi were just watching TV and watching their son play when Denki got a sudden phone call. He pulled his phone from his pocket and saw who was calling him; Kirishima. Answering the call, he was welcomed with the distressed voice of his old friend.

"Hey, Kiri! What's up?"

"You need to get down to the prison. Now."

Knowing that Kirishima needed him, he finished the call and explained the situation to Hitoshi.

"I need to go to the prison."

"Need me to come with you?"

"No. you stay here with Hikori. Kiri will be there. I'll call you if anything happens."

"OK. you be careful. Alright?"

The two exchanged a quick kiss before the blonde ran out the door. Hitoshi and Denki had a plan that they would wear their hero costumes all day just in case they got called out. This way they wouldn't have to waste valuable time getting changed.

Denki made it to the prison in record time. He burst through the door and the person at the desk pointed him in the direction he needs to go. Dread set into his stomach when he realised where he was going. His father's cell. When he reached the hallway, he saw guards on the ground. Kirishima was helping one of the officers to their feet. Running over to assist, the two pros made eye contact.

"I'm sorry you had to be the one that I called."

"It's fine, Kiri. I understand what you're trying to do and I don't mind. If I have to be the bait to keep him in check, then so be it. I'm just worried about my family..."

Kirishima noticed the adult playing with his finger, twisting a golden band on his ring finger. Connecting the dots regarding his behaviour and the way he looked like a deer in headlights, the red head came to a reasonable solution. The adult had been proposed to.

"Congratulations, Denki."

"Huh? Oh. Thanks."

"And don't worry, we'll make sure he doesn't get to your family."