Chapter 8

About another hour passed and Shira and Denki still hadn't managed to leave the maze. They were just walking, thinking about giving up when Denki saw the wall to their left starting to crack. The crack was getting bigger and that's when it clicked. Just as the wall exploded, Denki dove onto Shira and knocked her out of the way. Looking up, they saw Aoyama and Tsukuyomi standing before them, Aoyama's belt revealing that his laser had just been used.

"Aoyama! Tsukuyomi!"

"Oui! Bonjour Chargebolt!"

"I'm guessing you guys just blew apart every wall until you found where we were, huh?"

"That's part of it, yes." Tsukuyomi agreed. "But we mainly want to get you guys home. Shira needs to be able to go back to Australia and you've got your son at home. Let's go help the others."

The 4 of them ran off.

---

After another hour, they had finally defeated the villain and were being thanked for their job by the civilians. The heroes grouped up and thanked each other for their help.

"You need to get home, Kaminari!" Creati gasped.

"Exactly. I know how much joy it is to have your child manifest their quirk. Eijiro and I were ecstatic when Eijitski manifested hers." Ground Zero said sternly.

"I know. Thanks for your help guys."

Denki and Shira ran back to the hotel the girl was staying at. After saying goodbye, Denki raced home. He burst through the door and saw Aizawa, Mic, Eri, Kota, Shinso and Hikori sitting on the couch. Denki slammed the door shut and skidded into the lounge room, sunglasses and wrist-mounted power channeler, thrown to the ground, before he wrapped his son in an embrace, tears running down his face and a sob escaping his throat.

"Why are you crying, Daddy?" Hikori questioned with a slight tilt of his head.

"I'm just so happy, Hik." Denki turned to Shinso. "He got his quirk early?! How?!"

"Well, his birthday is still 2 weeks away." Shinso replied.

"Maybe get him checked at the Doctors. They might be able to explain it to you a bit better, in a way that makes sense." Kota replied with a laid back response.

"Kota-Kun's right. It might be a wise idea to take him to a doctors. Not saying there will be, but there might be something about him that brought it on early." Eri agreed, patting Bandit the cat.

"Alright then. I'll go and make an appointment." Shinso activated his phone and left so that he could call the doctors.

---

As Denki and Shinso sat in the doctor's waiting room, Hikori played with the toys that were placed in the room. A doctor walked in and asked for them to come. Denki walked over and Hikori left the toys and grabbed his dad's hand. In the doctor's room, Denki and Shinso sat down while Hikori sat on Denki's lap.

"Hello! I'm doctor Sara. What has brought you all here today?" She asked.

"Well. Our son's birthday is in 2 weeks and he'll be turning 4, the usual age of quirk manifestation. We came here because we were a bit worried; he's manifested his quirk already." Shinso explained.

"Alright. What's his quirk?"

"His quirk is a combination of Denki's electricity and my Brainwashing."

"Ok. Usually, quirks can manifest any time before the age of four, like 2-3 days before, but I've never had a case such like this one of 2 weeks in advance. I'll just give him a simple blood test. That might give us an indication of what might have caused it."

Shinso nodded while Denki was trying to hold onto a wriggling Hikori, whom was trying to get of his Dad's lap. Dr. Sara had turned away for a minute and got the things that she needed for the test.

"How's Hikori with needles?" She asked as she put on medical gloves.

"He'll be fine as long as he sits still...! Hikori!" Denki replied as the boy was fighting to get out of Denki's arms.

Denki had managed to regain a hold on his son as Dr. Sara held the boy's right arm and pressed the needle against his skin. Hikori kept trying to pull away and resulted in crying out as tears rolled down his cheeks. Denki held onto Hikori and hushed him as a Band-Aid was placed over the prick of the needle.

"The results will be back in about 5 days or so. Just a quick question, if you don't mind; has he always been so... active?" Dr. Sara questioned.

"Always. Since he turned... 2, I'm pretty sure." Shinso replied.

"Does anyone in your family have any medical conditions that you think he could have inherited?"

"Well, me and my father have Insomnia and Denki has ADHD and Dyslexia, in which I don't think we'll find out until Hikori's older. That's about it."

"Has he been tested for those, by any chance?"

"No."

"Alright. Do you have time for me to test him for those now?"

Denki and Shinso looked at each other.

"We've got time." Denki agreed on behalf of them both.

---

After about half an hour, Denki, Shinso and Hikori were able to go home. They'd get the results in 5 days. With the amount of medical conditions running through the family, there was a high possibility that Hikori could've inherited at least one of them. The possibility of Hikori having insomnia was high considering there has been two previous generations of the family that have been diagnosed with it (Shinso and Aizawa).

When they got home, they made some lunch. As they were sitting down, the doorbell rang. They were expecting Aizawa, Mic, Eri and Kota to arrive.

"It's open, Dadzawa!" Shinso called.

Those said people walked through and Hikori jumped out of his seat and ran over to Eri, whom picked him up and held him against her hip. Kota took off his signature hat and placed it on his nephew's head and the little boy laughed.

"Hey, Hikori?! Do you want to tell everyone what happened?" Denki asked. Although the group was there when Hikori manifested it, they thought they should let him say what happened, the rest of the adults playing along.

"I got my quirk!" Hikori beamed.

"Did you now?!" Eri gasped, pretending to not know.

"Yep!"

"What's your quirk?" Kota asked, joining in.

"It's like Daddy's and Papa's!"

"WOW!"

"Do you know what that means?"

"What gwampa, Mic?"

"You can use your quirk on them!"

"Hizashi...! Don't encourage him...!" Aizawa groaned in annoyance.

Everyone laughed. Now that Hikori has manifested his quirk, the family would have to keep and extra eye on his and try and prevent him from toughing anything that can serve as a good electrical conductor, because they don't want the boy to hurt himself from it.

Denki must admit, though. He was kinda nervous from the blood test his son just had. Not just because it would tell them why he manifested his quirk at such an early age, but it would also tell them if the boy had any other medical conditions.

But until then, they would just have to wait. Besides, the boy will be turning 4 in two weeks...