Chapter 11: A Dance

I successfully distracted Cassie with shots, the fact that we did them right in front of Kane, making him even more pissed off, was just a side-benefit. Renzo linked me so I dragged her onto the dance floor under the guise of dancing. The room got a little darker and the DJ announced karaoke. Cassie squealed and jumped up and down.

"I love karaoke! Renzo did it for me once when we first met. It was so cute," she giggled.

Ah, so that's why he wanted to. I bit back the smile but she could still tell.

"What?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

Then the song started. Cassie's eyes went wide when she saw Renzo standing on the stage, pointing at her before bringing the microphone up to start singing.

Ooh
Climb on board
We'll go slow and high tempo
Light and dark
Hold me hard and mellow

"Oh my God," Cassie said, hiding her face and peeking through her fingers as Renzo slowly descended from the stage and walking towards her.

I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure
Nobody but you, 'body but me
'Body but us, bodies together
I love to hold you close, tonight and always
I love to wake up next to you
I love to hold you close, tonight and always
I love to wake up next to you

I stepped aside as he came up, bringing his hand up to her face. The smile on her face, the look of adoration in his eyes, it was beautiful. And it also hurt. I wasn't normally one for cheesy things but this was sweet and it was pretty safe to assume Kane would never do something like this.

Renzo took a deep breath and started singing more dramatically for the next lines, grabbing the microphone with both hands. Cassie and I both started laughing.

So we'll piss off the neighbors
In the place that feels the tears
The place to lose your fears
Yeah, reckless behavior
A place that is so pure, so dirty and raw
In the bed all day, bed all day, bed all day
Fucking in and fighting on
It's our paradise and it's our war zone
It's our paradise and it is our war zone

He sunk to his knees, grabbing her hand.

Pillow talk!

I dropped my head in my hand, laughing so hard it hurt. He was completely hamming it up and although Cassie was bright red as he continued singing, I knew she was absolutely loving it. The song ended and he pulled her into a deep kiss that had the crowd hooting and cheering. Regular music came back on and they stayed wrapped up in each other, staring at each other like no one else existed.

"They're an interesting couple," Kane said, his breath hitting the back of my neck and making my body quite interested in introducing itself to his. I inhaled sharply and crossed my arms, shrugging.

"They're crazy about each other. Nothing wrong with that. Did you come over here to piss me off by talking shit about my friends?" I asked, turning to face him.

"No. I want to dance with you," he said, his hands behind his back.

I lifted an eyebrow, looking at him skeptically. "You dance?"

"No. But it's an excuse to be close to you."

That almost got a smile out of me. I shook my head and reminded myself to stay strong.

"What if I don't want to?" I challenged.

"Not even with a bribe?" He asked, bringing a hand forward, a hand that was holding a glass of whiskey.

Now I couldn't stop the smile. "You smooth bastard," I said, shaking my head.

He almost smiled, setting the glass down and grabbing my hand. He led us to the dance floor and pulled me against him, his hands coming up to my neck. The gesture sent tingles throughout my whole body and I swallowed hard before looking up at him.