Chapter 26: A Movie

I was mildly concerned with wearing Kane's sweatshirt around other people, but then I decided they could suck it up. So I kept it on when I went downstairs for breakfast. I stepped into the kitchen and found Kora and Rykan were already there. Kora was making French toast while Rykan sat at the counter, a smile on his face as he watched her. Xander, Addie and Kaden were also sitting at the counter and every single person looked over when I walked in.

"Morning," I greeted, taking a seat.

"Morning," Addie said with an amused expression. "You're unusually chipper this morning."

"Kora's making French toast," I pointed out. "And I finally slept good."

Addie sent me a knowing smile and I rolled my eyes. Kora turned around to face us. Her eyes darted to my sweatshirt and she gave me a strained smile. "New sweatshirt?" She asked.

"Something like that," I muttered, wrapping my arms around myself.

Rykan made a face and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Do I need to remind you the rocky phase you had with your mate?" I asked.

He growled and Kora set her hand on his shoulder, making him relax. "We're just worried. But we aren't interfering," she said, giving Rykan a pointed stare.

Rykan sighed and crossed his arms, nodding.

"He's probably going to be here this morning with his pack members," I warned them.

"We know. Addie told us," Kora said. "Don't worry. I made enough."

"Thanks," I said, resting my elbows on the table and setting my chin in my hands. Let the awkwardness begin, I guess.

"Hey," Cassie called out, stepping inside. "Look who I found outside," she said, throwing her thumb back at Kane who followed her inside.

The room got way too tense. His eyes darted around to each of them but he came and sat next to me.

"Morning," Addie greeted him. At least she was going to treat him like a person.

"Morning," he answered, setting a foam cup on the counter, sliding it in front of me.

"What's that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You said the way to your heart was coffee and," he set a box on the counter, sliding it over to me, "food."

I tried very hard not to smile as I lifted the box, finding a cinnamon roll inside.

"Don't worry. There's no cream or sugar and it's barely drinkable," he said, tapping the lid of the coffee cup.

I bit my lip to try not to smile as I looked over at him. "You remembered," I said.

"Of course I did. I remember everything about you," he said, giving me a half-smile. "Nice sweatshirt. Looks good on you."

"I don't know about that. It's a little big," I countered.

"Nah," he said, shaking his head. "That's what makes it look so cute."

Cute. Damn him. I looked away from him shaking my head, bringing my hands up to hide the blush. All eyes were on us and I sat up straighter, grabbing the coffee. The staring was getting on my nerves.

"Okay, it's getting a little crowded in here and will definitely be too crowded when your boys get here, so, I think we'll relocate to the dining room," I said, standing and picking up the box. "I'm going to save this for later," I said, holding up the box with the cinnamon roll. "Because Kora's French toast is legendary."