Chapter 34: Awkward

Thankfully, Xander was out on a run with the pack when I got to the pack-house and Kaden was passed out downstairs after spending all night playing video games and drinking. Addie was the most reasonable out of all of them. If I had her support, I'd have everyone else's.

I went to her nest where she was still trying to learn how to knit. Watching her was amusing because she hated it. She felt like she should because it seemed like a 'mom' thing to do but she could not get the hang of it and the fact that Xander picked it up after no time at all just made her more frustrated.

"Xander can only do it because of his mom," I said from the doorway.

"Ugh," she scowled, throwing the yarn down. "Knitting is stupid," she grumbled, crossing her arms.

"It's kind of a relief to see you not good at something," I laughed, stepping in the living room and sitting next to her on the couch.

"It's not for me," she sighed. "How was your night?"

"It was good," I said, darting my eyes away.

"That blush on your face tells me it was more than good," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I didn't have sex with him," I said, rolling my eyes.

"So what did you do? Don't even bother lying. You're practically glowing," she said, rolling her eyes.

"He just... Was good to me, that's all," I shrugged.

"Oh really? How good?" She asked, a glint in her eyes.

"Very good," I winked. "Shut up, I have something important to talk to you about."

"What's up?" She asked, picking up a jar of pickle spears and pulling one out before offering the jar to me.

"It's like eight in the morning," I said raising an eyebrow. "And I'm not pregnant."

"Right," she said, smiling sheepishly. "It's so good though."

"Sure it is," I giggled.

"So what's up?" She asked, taking a bite of the pickle.

"Kane needs to go back to his pack," I started, watching her carefully.

She froze. Her eyes darted to mine and I saw uncertainty there. Dammit. I was hoping she'd be all for it. She swallowed slowly and stared straight ahead before looking over at me.

"And he asked you to come, I assume," she said.

"He asked me to visit and promised to have me back by your dinner," I corrected.

"Do you trust he won't try to keep you there?" She asked.

"I don't think he would," I said, biting my lip. "He's been trying really hard, Addie. That would be a giant step backwards."

"Right," she nodded. "So what did you say?"

"I said..." I trailed off. Goddess, it was hard to say it out loud.

"Will you take Kaden with you?" She asked.

"How'd you know I said yes?" I pouted. She gave me a look that said 'really' and I sighed. "Kaden won't want to come and I don't know how Kane would take that."

"Kaden would most certainly go," she said, rolling her eyes. "He wouldn't want you going alone. I won't make you take him, I just think it might be wise to have someone there that has your back."

"You don't trust Kane," I said, frowning.

"I haven't known him long enough to trust him, babe," she said seriously. "Even if he hadn't done what he did, I haven't known him long enough to trust him with someone so important to me. If everything had gone smoothly from the beginning and there was no problems, I'd still want Kaden with you because I trust no one outside of our pack."