Secret Mission : Chapter 32

"Sister, can I accompany you?" Jyotimani blinked, catching a glimpse of Lavanya who was softly wrapping the small garland of jasmine flowers around her enormous bun.

"Jyoti, you already know the reason why I am going to my father's house," the princess smiled, turning the garland of small white flowers for the second time before inserting a small pin, fixing her bun. "It has been four days but still my spies are unable to find clues about the slave trade. Though they are disrupting the activities of the slave dealers but cannot capture them. So I think it's time for me to inquire into this case." 

"What will I do alone without my mistress?" Jyotimani pouted, fixing the waistband of her royal highness.

"You can help your friend Kavita to supervise and spend time with her. Otherwise..." Leaning towards the younger, the princess whispered, "you can invest your precious time in something else." Wiggling her brows, she alluded to Jyoti about her hidden meaning.

For a moment, innocent Jyotimani couldn't catch on. But the moment the double meaning words dawned on in her mind, she couldn't help but blush. 

"Ah! Sister, you cannot tease me like this," the maid pouted, sulking like a kid.

"I am helping you." Lavanya's melodious laughter echoed in the chamber.

"Well...Sister, are you sure that you aren't gonna tell his highness about your plans?" Jyotimani said in a low voice but deep inside she was much worried about the situation. She has been working as a maid since she was young. So she knew about the crown prince's wrath.

"If his highness, comes to know about this slave trade, he would stride towards the stable and then he would set off on his horse to catch the culprits without caring about his condition. And that would result in the reopening of his wound and infection. The chances of worsening the injury are much more than catching the culprits. To sum up, letting his highness know about this case is only a disadvantage to us. So there is no need to let him know yet," Lavanya gave utterance without a pause. 

"Bwahahahha~" Jyotimani burst out into laughter, almost rolling on the floor. "Princess, why do you always talk sarcastically when it comes to the prince?"

"I stated the fact though," smiling sheepishly, Lavanya looked outside. "I have already got permission from the Queen and the King about my visit to my father's house. I might return by evening tomorrow."

"Huh? Won't you spend time with your sister?" Jyotimani asked, sitting on the stool like a little puppy. 

"But my presence here is more necessary," Smiling, Lavanya took a glimpse of her complete look in the mirror. Satisfied, she turned towards the younger. "I am going to inform his highness. Take care of yourself meanwhile."

"Mm," nodding, Jyotimani smiled widely, assuring that she will take care of herself.