Karthik Discovers Lavanya's Secret: Chapter 24

"Princess, you looked so mighty while proving that case in the court today," Jyotimani said while her small figure rested on the couch but her gaze was fixed on the princess.

The golden rays of the setting sun were gently touching Jyotimani's face while her brown orbs looked even more beautiful like delicate cinnamon with a deep brown rim around the iris. The sky was changing its hues into light orange mixed with yellow, showing that the sun would soon hide behind the horizon. 

"Jyoti, are you ready for another drama?" Lavanya glanced at the other girl while her hands efficiently twisted her long braid in order to make a bun.

"Princess, why are you making a bun? Your braid looks beautiful." Jyotimani whined but her lips formed a cute pout.

"Because we are going to clear another mess." A chuckle escaped from Lavanya's lips as she inserted a simple hairpin into her bun so that it wouldn't unfold any sooner.

"The sun will set soon, princess. What are you going to do now?" Jyotimani stood up from her place while observing Lavanya's movements.

"You are going to meet your best friend," Lavanya replied shorty before putting small hair jewelry on the bun. Checking herself in the mirror, she turned towards the younger. "Let's go, Jyoti."

"I really wonder why both father and daughter want to see me and that too at the same time?" Gayatri Devi smiled while her gaze shifted from King Surendra to Saanvi

"I came first to meet you, mother. Ask the father why he wanted to meet you." Saanvi said in a complaining tone while shifting closer to her mother.

"Did I disturb your private talk with your mother?" The King said playfully while he was sitting on another couch.

"I wanted to talk about sister-in-law." Saanvi pouted while glancing at her father.

"Why are you sulking like that?" Gayatri Devi chuckled. "I am sure your father too wants to talk about your brother and sister-in-law, isn't it?" She glanced at her husband while the latter smiled.

"You always guess correctly." Surendra Dev asserted.

"Mother, you know, sister-in-law gave a special name to brother," Saanvi said excitedly.

"Hm? What's it?" The King asked amusingly.

"I will tell you but both of you have to promise that you won't let anyone know about it," Saanvi demanded while crossing her hands across her chest.

"We promise." Surendra Dev and Gayatri Devi said in unison.

"Sister-in-law calls brother Virendra spoiled prince." Saanvi chuckled while putting her hand on her mouth.

"Ha?" Gayatri Devi's eyes widened in amusement before she burst into laughter. "Your sister-in-law is really intelligent. She gave a perfect name to your brother." She said while trying to control her laughter. "Your father really spoiled your brother Virendra."