Virendra Regrets : Chapter 14

Mahesh was sitting in Virendra's room, making dreamy assumptions about Virendra and Lavanya's special night. His chin rested on his palm while a faint smile was plastered on his face, giving him somehow an idiotic look.

They must be having a good time now. Virendra must be holding Lavanya's hand softly while looking into her eyes lovingly. She must be feeling shy because of Virendra's presence. Mahesh grinned like an idiot. The next moment he shook his head in disapproval. No no! I shouldn't think about these things. It's the prince and the princess's private time. But I cannot stop thinking about it. Finally, Lavanya will make our ice prince Virendra melt. He chuckled.

But his fantasies came to an end when he saw Virendra entering into the room at an unusually fast pace. He immediately stood up from the couch.

"Virendra? What are you doing here? Wasn't it your special night?" Mahesh bombarded Virendra with questions while the latter didn't even glance at him, making his own way to his bed. "Virendra...I am asking you something! What are you doing here? You should be staying with princess Lavanya now." Mahesh asked again, looking at his friend with bewilderment in his eyes. He lost his patience when he saw Virendra sitting on his bed with his hands on both sides, supporting his weight while he closed his eyes, relaxing his body. "Virendra! Care to explain?!" Mahesh almost yelled, making Virendra open his eyes instantly.

"I left her," Virendra replied in his usual cold tone before looking at Mahesh.

"What!?" Mahesh's brows got knitted together after listening to unexpected words. "What is meant by you left her!?"

"I am not in a good mood Mahesh." Virendra huffed. "Because of her today we couldn't catch those dacoits."

"Virendra, I am really impressed." Sarcasm was prominent in his words. "So you left your wife just because of those dacoits?" He looked at Virendra while the latter's lips parted a bit, trying to say something but he remained silent. "Virendra, do you even care for your wife? How will you feel if your father does the same with your mother?"

"My father won't ever do that to my mother." Virendra glared at Mahesh.

"When you are so sure that your father won't do that your mother they why did you leave her?" Mahesh emphasized on his last words. "Did you even consider her feelings? Did you ever think that she could have some expectations from you? Moreover, it's the first night and it's said that it's very special to women. How could you do this to her?"

"I don't know why but...I couldn't control my temper seeing her." Virendra said in a low voice with hints of guilt in it. "When I looked at her, the dacoit incident came into my mind and I lost my control."

"So capturing the dacoits is more important than your wife, right?" Mahesh tried to remain as calm as possible but his heart was overruling his mind's decisions. "Then why did you marry her?"

"That's not it, Mahesh." Virendra stood up. "When I saw at her face, the incident of her standing in front of dacoits came into my mind. The way she was ready to risk her life for her maid Jyotimani, the way she was ready to go with the dacoits and the way that dacoit stared at her made me lose my control." Virendra let out a deep breath and looked away from Mahesh.

"So...you were angry because she was willing to risk her life for her maid, not because you couldn't capture the dacoits?" Mahesh uttered while his eyes widened in astonishment.

"Yes!" Virendra said in frustration.

Mahesh burst out into laughter making Virendra look at Mahesh weirdly. "Virendra, you know...you are the most unromantic person I have ever met." Mahesh laughed hard while trying to hold the arm of the couch for support.