Justice At Court : Chapter 23

"Huh!? You twisted his hand!?" Jyotimani's jaws dropped and eyes almost bulged out while listening to the last night's incident.

"It was not my fault, Jyoti," Lavanya whined like a guilty kid. "Who asked him to come too close to me with that blanket?!" She huffed.

"Sister, he is your husband and it's normal for a husband to take care of his wife." Jyotimani chuckled while combing Lavanya's wet, long hair.

"Why would he care about me? It's not that he is deeply in love with me." Lavanya rolled her eyes while sitting on the couch.

"Sister, tell me something, isn't he your childhood friend?" Jyotimani asked while taking care of Lavanya's hair.

"Yes, he is," Lavanya replied interestingly.

"Then he is taking care of his friend. What's wrong with this?" Jyotimani asked?

"I feel bad for him." Lavanya pouted while feeling guilty for twisting her husband's hand. "I should have opened my eyes first but I just twisted his hand. After all, he was trying to help me."

"Well, did you two sleep together after that?" Jyotimani asked excitedly while trying to dry her hair.

"I slept on the bed and he slept on the couch," Lavanya informed while her fingers ran through her half wet and half dry hair.

"Why?" Jyotimani wailed as if all her beautiful dreams went in vain.

"What why?!" Lavanya glared at Jyotimani. "Still now I didn't forget about our first night's incident. He asked me neither to show my face nor get closer to him." Her expressions turned into a grim one. "Do you expect me to forgive him that easily? He didn't even say sorry yet."

"Huh?!" Jyotimani's jaws slacked after listening to Lavanya's words. She thought everything was going to be alright after their mission but she never expected that Lavanya was so stubborn. "But princess, didn't you say that he took care of you, he caught you and protected you from falling, he wrapped with you with his cloth? Then...why are you saying that you didn't forgive him yet?"

"Jyotimani, you still don't know how politics work," Lavanya replied in a serious tone while her facial expressions turned into a cold one. "When partners work together, they should take care of each other and avoid offending each other otherwise the mission won't succeed. You already know prince Virendra is very good in politics and he is called the god of war due to his strategies. So he used this move here." She turned towards Jyotimani and looked at her sharply. "Otherwise how can he suddenly change from so rude to so caring just in two days?! That day he behaved rudely with me and now he acted as if he cares for me. It only makes me confirm that he is really very clever while planning his next moves." Her lips curved upwards forming a complacent smile. "And I think I like this quality in him."

"Sister...your words are giving me goosebumps." Jyotimani gulped as an unknown fear appeared in her heart.

"You don't need to be scared, Jyoti." Lavanya chuckled. "This is how things work." She stood up from her seat and walked towards the window. Looking at the morning sun with tenderness in her eyes, she continued, "The world isn't as simple as black and white. Because...the grey color exists and its the most dangerous thing." She sighed and looked at Jyoti.

Why the princess is saying these words!? Yesterday Mahesh said that everything is alright and even prince Virendra is developing feelings for her, then what suddenly happened between them that she is saying these words? Jyotimani's brows got knitted together forming a frown since she couldn't understand the reason behind Lavanya's behavior. "Princess, if prince Virendra apologizes to you, will you forgive him?"